This role is an exciting opportunity to be a critical part of the talent engine fueling a high growth organization that is radically changing the biotech industry. Moderna is seeking a Senior Site Network Engineer with experience in implementing and maintaining a global network. The individual must have a proven track record in delivering hybrid terrestrial/cloud solutions that are functional, secure, scalable, and reliable. The ideal candidate will have worked in the Life Sciences industry and understand the complexities of running globally dispersed regulated systems. At Moderna, we work collaboratively as a team, boldly strive for excellence, are constantly curious and committed to ongoing learning and improvement and are relentless in our pursuit of the best talent in the industry.
Here's What You'll Do
Here's What You'll Need (Minimum Qualifications)
- Responsible for the implementation and management of the network infrastructure (routing, switching, firewalls, VPN gateways, etc.) to support highly available manufacturing sites in a hybrid cloud environment
- Work closely with hardware vendors, service providers, and telecom vendors to resolve technical issues related to the corporate LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Ensure all appropriate network management controls, standards, and policies for the environment are defined, current, and well-documented
- Install, configure, and support networking and security equipment from a wide range of industry-leading vendors, including Cisco, Juniper, and Palo Alto Networks
- Define, evaluate, and approve design and configuration changes
- Partner with our network MSP to ensure they proactively monitor and report on overall network service performance and take action to correct deficiencies in monitoring and controlling the quality of individual network services
- Provide regional oversight of all IDF/MDF spaces (access management, adherence to standards, etc.)
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including network design diagrams and operational procedures
- Interface with other departments to assess network needs, recommend, plan, and implement solutions in support of various business initiatives
- Own our IT infrastructure, where we'll trust you to troubleshoot and debug run-time issues. While this is not an operational role, you will provide L3/L4 escalation support
- Limited travel (both regionally and internationally) as required for new site build support
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table (Preferred Qualifications)
- 7+ years of experience in corporate network design and administration
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience required
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Computer Science or Math background preferred
- Extensive experience with Cisco, Meraki, Palo Alto and Infoblox
- Knowledge of dynamic routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, etc.)
- Knowledge of wireless technologies
- Excellent problem-solving and project management skills
- Experience writing process requirements, technical design documents and standard operating procedures
- Experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing or healthcare setting
- Working knowledge of relevant GxP concepts, guidelines and regulations as they relate to systems qualification and application validation
- A passion for assessing emerging technologies and staying abreast of industry trends
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic fast-paced environment and work in an Agile development framework
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with end-users, peers and external vendors
- A desire to make an impact as part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative.
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is a place where everyone can grow. If you meet the Basic Qualifications for the role and you would be excited to contribute to our mission every day, please apply!
Moderna is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry or citizenship, ethnicity, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, or any other personal characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Belonging, Inclusion, and Diversity are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We're focused on attracting, retaining, developing, and advancing our employees and believe that by cultivating diverse experiences, backgrounds, and ideas, we can provide an environment where every employee is able to contribute their best.
Moderna is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the Talent Acquisition Partner or contact the Accommodations team at email@example.com. (EEO/AAP Employer)
This job has expired.