Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking an experienced Senior Proposal Manager to join our Growth & Development Proposals team. The successful candidate will work with business development and operations leadership teams to plan and deliver major proposals to U.S. Government clients. The Senior Proposal Manager must thrive in a deadline-driven environment, manage multiple priorities and stakeholders while leading a team that is required to quickly pivot as business requirements dictate. The ideal candidate will bring experience in the A/E or professional services industries.
This is a full-time, remote position and we will consider candidates who currently reside in any location in the United States.
Wood offers consultancy, engineering, project management, operations and construction services, project delivery and specialized power services to our customers worldwide. Our team of professionals provides a full range of services to clients in a wide range of sectors including government services, clean energy, industrial/pharmaceutical, water, transportation/ infrastructure, mining, and oil & gas.
The Senior Proposal Manager will lead the development lifecycle of large, complex, Federal proposals, including Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ), Multiple Award Task Order Contract (MATOC), SF 330s, and other responses, guiding the proposal response team to submit timely and compliant proposals . In this key role, you will collaborate with capture management, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and proposal staff to write, edit, review, and produce winning proposals. This position is a highly visible role and requires strong verbal and written communication skills. Key responsibilities include:
- Proactively manage a team of complex skills and functions, including Capture Manager, Technical Lead/PM, volume/section leads, authors, SMEs, contracts, estimating, pricing, and small business professionals.
- Maintain end-to-end ownership and command of proposal development and related support processes, including written proposals, oral presentations, Best and Final Offers (BAFOs), Evaluation Notices (ENs), Final Proposal Revisions (FPRs), etc.
- Participate in pre-proposal positioning, where appropriate, as well as proposal development strategies and implementation. This includes supporting capture planning and leading proposal planning document development.
- Analyze the solicitation, identify all requirements and criteria for evaluation, and prepare and distribute proposal directive including schedule, compliance matrix, outline, templates, action items.
- Schedule and lead proposal kickoff and status calls, determine assignments within proposal team, and monitor completion of assignments while ensuring accountability.
- Proactively advance the company's proposal planning and management processes.
- Compile materials for proposals, assuring that client's requirements are fully met. This involves conducting searches for appropriate materials and writing and editing project summaries, resumes of project personnel, and other supporting sections of the proposal.
- Leverage existing archived proposal information ensuring the data is up-to-date and reflects the Company's current practices and procedures.
- Remain current on all solicitation modifications/Q&A and implement required changes to proposal.
- Revise schedule, outline, and compliance matrix as necessary throughout proposal life cycle.
- Review/analyze proposal sections for consistency and clarity, compliance with solicitation requirements, and alignment with proposed solutions and themes and write/re-write proposal sections as necessary to deliver high-quality, winning proposals.
- Coordinate color/management team reviews ensuring sufficient time/resources/reviewers are aligned for color team reviews.
- Prepare status reports and briefings for Executive management; prepare, present, conduct, and participate in reviews at all stages in the proposal.
- Coordinate with graphic designers and desktop publishing to conceptualize, develop, and integrate compelling proposal graphics that convey concepts and proposed solutions to enhance proposal documents. Comply with Wood branding policies and procedures as well as solicitation requirements.
- Past experience with medium to large sized A/E firms.
- Experience with proposals for USACE, USEPA, NAVFAC and/or AFCEC.
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university required
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience successfully writing winning competitive Federal Government proposals, knowledge of the proposal development life cycle, and understanding of Shipley or other proposal development processes
- High attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage a number of projects simultaneously; able to be hands-on as well as strategic
- Effectively resolve conflicts between individual needs and requirements of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to guide and effectively influence with and without authority; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management, proposal teams, SMEs, peers, and teaming partners
- Excellent organizational skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive, collegial attitude and a high level of professionalism are essential
- High proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite as well as SharePoint, TEAMS, Adobe Acrobat and InDesign
- A commitment to Health, Safety, Security & Environment through compliance with all policies and procedures and completion of all required training
- Must pass drug test and background check
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.