Senior Process Controls Engineer
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC is a manufacturer of heavy-duty, zero-emissions engines for mobility applications. With facilities located in the U.S. and Europe, Nuvera provides clean, safe, and efficient products designed to meet the rigorous needs of industrial vehicles and other transportation markets.
Nuvera is a subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Group, Inc., which designs, engineers, manufactures, sells, and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally primarily under the Hyster® and Yale® brand names. Hyster-Yale Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. (NYSE:HY). Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. and its subsidiaries, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, employ approximately 7,600 people worldwide.
We are seeking a Senior Process Controls Engineer to join our team. This individual will lead the dynamic modeling and process optimization initiatives and assist in control strategy development for advanced automotive and stationary power applications based on PEM fuel cells and fuel processors.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Required Job Qualifications (unless otherwise noted):
- Design test system control specifications to drive software development
- Develop the conceptual design for test system HMI/GUI: program structure, general user interface, tag schemes, automation, alarm schemes, logging and data collection
- Produce test system documentation including safety risk assessments (what-if or FMEA), P&IDs, equipment operating procedures, instrument calibration and maintenance procedures
- Select final control devices and instrumentation: control valves, regulators, actuators, pressure relieving devices, flow controllers, pumps, motors, safety instrumentation, flow/temperature/pressure instruments and transducers
- Perform calculations to determine control element sizing, pressure drop, head pressure, fluid velocity, heat load, cooling and heating
- Test automation systems and participate in commissioning activities with a focus on troubleshooting and performance tuning
- MS or PhD degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with emphasis in mathematical modeling and control system design.
Previous Work Experience
- 8+ years of applicable work in control system design and dynamic modeling required.
- 8+ years Combustion and catalytic systems, Modeling and control of power systems (engines, power plants, batteries, hybrids, etc), e.g. for duty cycle and efficiency analyses
Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of electronics, electrical systems, and signal processing
- Advanced system identification techniques
- Automotive or appliance controls components (actuators and sensors)
- Experience with modeling, control, and/or testing of fluid dynamic, thermodynamic, and chemical systems
- Sound understanding of fluid flow and heat transfer involving chemical reactions
- Dynamic modeling and control design using Matlab/Simulink, Aspen Dynamics
- Stability analysis and nonlinear systems, as well as modern control law and estimator design techniques including LQR and Kalman filters
- Knowledge of numerical methods and optimization techniques
- Roll-up-the-sleeves attitude with dedication to collection and use of laboratory results for modeling/controls initiatives
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Proficiency in LabVIEW and National Instruments hardware, LabVIEW RT, DSPACE, or other embedded controls preferred
Up to 10% domestic and/or international travel may be required.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Nuvera participates in e-Verify.Job ID
- Office as well as R&D lab work environments. Use of basic hand tools.
- Approximately 75% in office environment, 25% of time spent in lab or on site
Full timeWork Hours
40Travel RequiredPrimary Location
Nuvera US Billerica, MAAddress
129 Concord Road Building 1Zip Code
NoRelocation Assistance Available
NoWe are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.