This job has expired.
Senior Principal Engineer - Cloud R-157054 Senior Principal Engineer - Cloud
Location: 100% Remote
Over the course of the past few years, the regulatory landscape has changed immensely and has increasingly restricted the availability of data to data-users across the company. We need to maintain and increase the utility of data even in the face of ever-increasing localization requirements. In order to do so, the existing data infrastructure needs to evolve from an out-dated, centralized architecture to a modern, highly scalable, geo-distributed architecture that not only ensures compliance with data sovereignty/retention requirements provided by regulators across the globe but also ensures data lineage, metadata management to validate policy adherence and heritage. This is the underpinning for revenue generating data products within Cyber & Intelligence, Data & Services and other divisions across Mastercard contributing indirectly to $1.5 billion in annual revenue. These data teams demand high reliability of our core data infrastructure and a data platform architecture that allows them to safely use all datasets to generate actionable insights and product features while adhering to privacy requirements. All of this requires us to solve a wide range of problems in the data ingestion, data compute, data transport, data orchestration, data interoperability and data privacy areas.
What You Will Be Doing -Refine the vision for next gen cloud-based enterprise data infrastructure that is geo-distributed, has the right controls to enable data users to fully utilize the power of our data.
- Work with internal teams to seamlessly evolve our existing data platforms to meet that vision.
- Build necessary capabilities that promote transparency of key dataflows.
- Focus on improving reliability and adoption of core data infrastructure. Partner with key stakeholders to ensure feedback loop is used to solve for any gaps.
- Be an exemplary practitioner that other engineers in the team look up to. Mentor team members through the modernization of our data platforms.
What You Need for this Position - 10+ yrs of experience as a software engineer.
- Expertise working on distributed platforms and building large-scale data architectures leveraging cloud technologies.
- Experience designing data models, data warehouses/analytics pipelines, working with SQL and distributed systems.
- Expertise at data architecture. From schema design, data storage technologies, debugging data problems, building scalable data solutions.
- Experience working on large multi-tenant data platforms leveraged by 1000s of users.
- Passionate about event-driven architecture, data reliability, data privacy and quality.
- Proven ability to collaborate with stakeholders, internal customers and partners.
- Working experience with large scale processing of data in real-time and batch.
Sound like you? Apply today, or send your resume to: Lauren.Formby@Cybercoders.com
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.