The Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Tube & Fin and Bleed Valve is responsible for leading and overseeing the scheduling, planning, and implementation of continuous improvement and capital projects, staff mentoring, and day to day issues which arise in the Tube & Fin and Bleed Valve manufacturing areas. In this role, he or she will be responsible working cross functionally with engineering, planning, shop supervision, and quality to drive improvements in Tube & Fin and Bleed Valve manufacturing product quality, capacity improvements, process efficiency, cost and key OSV process improvements. A key element of the Senior ME's role is to ensure production readiness of new Tube & Fin products entering production. Early involvement in the NPI process and active participation in design reviews are keys to success in this role.
- Work with shop floor management to identify process breakdowns, bottlenecks, waste and potential failure modes and drive continuous improvement activities.
- Leverage lean and SMED principles in the implementation of new and upgrade of existing tools and dies in the T&F fin area. Work with maintenance and shop supervision to ensure equipment is working optimally to support production demand.
- Recommend, justify, and implement capital projects to meet the product line objectives for cost reduction, reduction of rework, improvement in throughput and quality.
- Develop, implement and improve - accurate, effective, and timely process documentation to support NPI and legacy products as well as process SOPs. Focus efforts on highest risk processes / products, and balance document creation costs with their impact on quality and cross training.
- Serve as the manufacturing engineering lead for process related failures with the customer. Take ownership of 8D's when required, and foster skills development in problem solving and corrective & preventative action tools.
- Ensure timely processing of any product non-conformances found at incoming or in process inspection. Escalate recurring problems with Supplier Quality engineering.
- Be an advocate for the implementation lean manufacturing principles and 6S in the factory and in business processes. Seek out opportunities to eliminate waste in processes where practical. Ensure shop supervision, planning and shop personnel are part of the improvement planning and implementation.
- Support the NPI process and drive the design for manufacturability and production readiness agenda throughout the design and verification phases.
- Partner with service team to participate in failure analysis activities, compile data and reduce process failure modes.
- Mentor the manufacturing engineering team and shop personnel in your process areas to encourage professional development and building skills which make a positive impact at Boyd and for the employee.
- As a member of the Boyd Woburn team, perform additional duties as required.
Education / Background
- S. in a manufacturing or mechanical engineering in required with 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing engineering role. Graduate degree in a technical field or management is a plus.
- Prior experience with project management, data analysis tools ( i.e. Minitab, advanced MS Excel), tooling and equipment design, TPM, product and process change management, ERP Systems, lean manufacturing, 6S, and safety best practices is preferred.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer plays a key mentoring and tactical role within the Boyd organization. The Senior Manufacturing engineer supporting Tube and Fin and Bleed Valve products is a member of the Operations organization reporting to the Director of Manufacturing Engineering
Boyd Corporation offers a competitive base salary, a performance-based bonus and a comprehensive benefits package. Boyd Corporation is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To learn more about Boyd Corporation please visit out website at www.boydcorp.com
This job has expired.