PacBio (NASDAQ: PACB) is seeking a Senior Manager to lead our Platform Engineering and Software Deployment group and help create world class DNA sequencing platforms for life science researchers and human health applications.
In this role, you will lead a team of both Linux experts and DevOps automation engineers, to design and create our high-performance server platforms and embedded system platforms, including automation for continuous integration and deployment of those systems. For this role, the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment will be critical. This team works closely with and supports six other software engineering and bioinformatics teams, plus manufacturing, technical support, and others.
- Lead the creation of the Linux platform layer of our DNA sequencers, including high-performance servers and embedded systems. Support for kiosk Windows embedded systems as well.
- Create self-service tools for software teams to control their test automation, branching, and deployment needs and improve their flow.
- Leading a key service that the entire R&D organization relies upon.
- Managing vendors like Supermicro, AMD, and NVIDIA.
- Communicating, planning, presenting, and leading in a hybrid Agile environment.
- Hiring, coaching, and mentoring engineers.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- 3+ years of Engineering Management experience, or equivalent.
- 10+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Extensive understanding of Linux on bare metal systems including configuration, systemd, compiler toolchains, performance measurement, and profiling.
- Coding and scripting (python, ruby, etc.) skills for automation.
- Familiarity in automating system and application lifecycles.
- Ability to clearly articulate design and implementation choices.
- Forward-thinking with a continuous learning mindset for growth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview experience.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at PacBio. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. PacBio does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PacBio employees or any other company location. PacBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on:
This job has expired.
- Equal Opportunity Employment