Senior IT Auditor
Are you a top-notch IT Auditor with a Big 4 background looking for a change? Experience less travel and challenging work at Marsh & McLennan.
Marsh and McLennan Companies is seeking a Senior IT Auditor to plan and participate in information technology audits. The nature of the business audited varies from employee benefits consulting services to complex insurance and
If you are interested in taking your career to a new level where exceptional performance is recognized by career progression, we would like to hear from you.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assess the risks associated with various business objectives and evaluate the controls in place to mitigate those risks
- Communicate audit findings to local management as is appropriate.
- Assist in planning engagements based on IT risks
- Prepare work papers and coordinate receipt of audit materials required to analyze, test and evaluate the entity's control environment
- Conduct interviews, walkthroughs, and document results
- Examine documentation and evaluate procedures in the control environment
- Document conclusions; organize and reference work papers for supervisory review
- Identify control weaknesses, help assess their impact, and discuss practical solutions with management
- Draft audit report findings and process improvements for review at the closing meetings
- Participate in closing meetings at the end of fieldwork, noting comments and providing clear explanations for our findings and ratings, as required
- Actively pursue certifications and continuing professional education in line with the department's needs and the auditor's career development
- Undergraduate degree in information technology, related business or accounting degree
- Professional designations - CIA, CISA , PMP or CISSP
- 2-5 years of information technology and/or audit experience
- Big 4 industry experience preferred
- Experience in insurance, broking, or other financial services, a plus.
- Solid understanding of operating systems, applications and databases, such as UNIX/LINUX, Windows Server, Oracle and SQL database management systems, and Oracle Financials ERP systems
- Solid understanding of IT Infrastructure controls such as physical security and network security
- Understanding of Cyber Security controls and frameworks, a plus
- Solid analytical, problem solving, organization, and project management skills
- Ability to understand the relationship between complex information technology and business issues
- Travel of 30 - 40% distributed over year - Some international travel
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 63,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.