The Senior Internal Sales Analyst's role is to actively solicit new investment product sales within an assigned geographic region through RIAs, Multi & Single Family Office relationships. The position will aid Client Relationship Managers in the pursuit of territory sales goals through sharing of sales ideals, providing product information, gathering marketing data and offering sales support.
The role will also require this individual to reach specific sales goals for their geographic region that fall within their coverage universe. Their success will be tied to the overall region's success, in addition to their own personal metrics. They will be expected to cultivate and own their own relationships and will cover specific RIAs or parts of the region as deemed appropriate by the Client Relationship Manager. When necessary, this individual will do joint travel with the CRM to meet with clients and prospects, give presentations or conduct group meetings within their designated region.
The Senior Internal Sales Analyst will also take a leadership role amongst the Carlyle Private Wealth internal sales team. They will work with the Client Relationship Manager Lead to help streamline efficiencies, train and on-board new employees and working on ad-hoc projects. They will work with the internal sales team to provide feedback and illustrate best practices.
- Make proactive sales calls on a daily basis with existing representatives to strengthen relationships and find selling opportunities. This includes sales campaigns, new business, follow-up meetings, and others as directed
- Schedule quality appointments each week for the Client Relationship Manager to meet with new or existing clients. Investigate proactive sales opportunities through proactive efforts with the Client Relationship Manager
- Follow up with incoming leads as well as answer inquires generated by Client Relationship Manager's activities, marketing or other campaigns
- Identify and convert new RIAs/Family Office prospects into clients
- Work closely with the Client Relationship Manager to develop and execute an appropriate business plan to maximize territorial sales
- Accompany Carlyle management or Client Relationship Managers on in-person client meetings with gatekeepers, financial advisors and/or clients
- Assist with administrative duties when needed
Education & Certificates
- Bachelor's degree required
- Series 7 and 66 are required
- 2-3 years of prior Sales and Marketing business development experience focused on RIAs
- Knowledge of financial industry sales, particularly alternative investments a plus
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast paced, and collaborative environment
- Possess strong self-motivation and drive to succeed
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated customer service mindset
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong relationship building skills, both internal and external
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $301 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 456 investment vehicles as of December 31, 2021. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 1,800 professionals operating in 26 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.