When you join The Home for Little Wanderers, you join a team of professionals dedicated to creating better, brighter futures for kids.
For over 200 years, The Home for Little Wanderers has helped build stable lives and hopeful tomorrows for vulnerable children and their families. Our 25+ community-based and residential programs serve thousands of at-risk youths from birth to age 26. Many of these children have experienced abuse, neglect, trauma, or a disrupted family life. As the oldest child welfare agency in America, we provide them with safe surroundings, permanent loving relationships, and a secure path toward a better, brighter future.
The Home for Little Wanderers is seeking an experienced, dynamic, multi-talented, service-oriented Senior Human Resources Business Partner/Generalist to join our team. Under the direction of the Director of Employee Engagement & Total Rewards this role will be responsible for providing seamless Human Resources support and services to managers and staff across the organization in a variety of functional areas including employee relations, coaching, counseling, performance management, onboarding, training, data reporting, policy implementation, employment law compliance, benefits administration and employee engagement. We are seeking a true well-rounded Sr. Generalist/HR Business Partner who can pivot from complex employee relations issues to answering/providing guidance on compensation, benefits and policy questions.
This role is extremely important as it will be the primary point of contact in leading and managing a wide range of HR initiatives working in partnership with the Director, Employee Engagement & Total Rewards and Senior Management to proactively educate, promote and develop a highly positive and engaged workforce.
We are committed to excellence in diversity, equity, and inclusion, while simultaneously creating a culture that supports those values. We believe the differences we bring enhance our ability to provide exceptional service and care to diverse children, families, and communities. Moreover, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging align with our values and our mission to help vulnerable children and their families build permanent, positive change.
- Enhances the agency's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Assist with the organization, implementation and tracking of the 90-day, mid-year and annual employee performance reviews through the performance management system (PerformYard).
- Supports our training efforts by leading our New Employee Orientation program with our Director, Employee Learning and Development and Workforce Learning & Development team.
- Participate in training programs as requested. Assist with training management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment. Assists with coordination of outside training as applicable.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Ensure consistent application of disciplinary process, documentation, and participate in proceedings.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by counseling managers how to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee concerns; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Cultivates professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Promotes human resources programs and services to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace.
- Alerts Director of Employee Engagement & Total Rewards to issues or problems relative to employment/employee relations.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions as appropriate.
- Assisting the Benefits Manager with benefits inquiries and administration as necessary.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Assist the Director of Employee Engagement & Total Rewards with various HR projects and programs, as needed
- Works in a team environment; expected to give (and receive) support for various projects when needed
- May be required to carry a mobile device
- Will be required to travel between locations and local sites and facilities (as appropriate)
- Performs other duties as assigned
What The Home Can Offer You
- Bachelor's Degree, with a concentration in Human Resources Management, Business or related field.
- Minimum of seven (7) years proven working experience as a Human Resources Generalist, Employee Relations Specialist or related discipline.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of applicable federal and state labor and employment laws and regulations.
- Exceptional customer focus with strong professional acumen
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, project management, presentation and negotiation skills
- Dedicated team player, highly organized, ability to take the initiative and be independent
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments
- A solid understanding and comfort using technology: computers and software, particularly MS Suite (Teams, Word, Excel & Powerpoint) and Zoom.
- Adept at developing and delivering trainings and presentations
- Knowledge of HRIS systems
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and strict confidentiality
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion
In addition to the chance to make a lasting impact on the lives of the youth served, The Home for Little Wanderers offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including:
This job has expired.
- Extensive training to new staff
- Generous time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health and Dental Insurance available upon hire
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Long-term Disability and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- And more!