SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Senior Field Test Engineer, you willperform Over the Air (OTA) field testing on mobile products with technologies such as CDMA, GSM, UMTS, LTE, Wi-Fi, GPS, IOT, and 5G, to ensure delivery of testing services that meet client's requirements in accordance with Global Wireless Forum's test plans, Carrier supplemental test plans, and SGS quality system.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires individual to perform mobility and stationary engineering testing services and debug efforts for wireless clients; use of specified equipment to perform required tests
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge of industry test requirements in order to assist customers with device performance
- Must be able to work independently and clearly isolate and communicate technical issues to customers
- Work directly with external clients including conference calls with the Project Manager, Key Account Manager, and Technical Leads in order to ensure the client's product runs smoothly through the testing process
- Conduct testing in accordance with established procedures, maintaining a high standard of service delivery that ensures effective customer relations
- Mentoring and training engineers for standard working processes and other technical content
- Complete all assigned chargeable work within the required timeframes to ensure customer and project staff satisfaction and efficiency of the business
- Maintain technical knowledge by continued learning of requirements and test plans being asked to execute
- Ensure completion of all assigned work and relevant documentation in accordance with required procedures and standards to fulfill SGS quality requirements
- Assist in maintaining ISO17025 accreditation to ensure a high quality of service to clients.
- Actively improving the testing service provided by SGS
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering BSEE, Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering BSCE or equivalent degree or similar technical field.
- Min 4-7years of wireless industry experience as follows
- RF and engineering theory preferred
- Experience with mobility test procedures and requirements
- A broad level of CDMA/GSM/WCDMA/LTE/5G mobile wireless knowledge in one or more areas
- Very good understanding of industry requirements and test specifications
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and provide UE and TE logs for test devices
- Critically reviews work processes to ensure quality; addresses problems that could impact quality; makes sure project deliverables and services meet all requirements and expectations; does not make the same mistakes twice
- Language Skills: English/Intermediate required; knowledge of Mandarin is a plus
- Mathematical Skills: Advanced level of knowledge preferred
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Advanced level preferred
- Computer Skills: Expertise with Windows, Linux, Android, and other operating systems
- Mandatory understanding of TCP/IP networking architecture
- 25%-50% travel
Preferred Training as follows:
- Measurement Uncertainly
- Proficient with GCF and carrier-specific field test requirements
- Expertise with Diagnostic monitor tools such as QXDM, TEMS, UDM
- Knowledge of general RF conditions: RSSI, Fading, Pathloss, Pilot Acquisition, Handover
- 5G NR Physical and Protocol Layer 3 messaging