GHD has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Environmental Technician in our Midland, TX office. This position is an integral part of our environmental services group and requires a divers array of responsibilities and tasks to accomplish the objectives of the team.
Responsibilities of the position will be but are not limited to:
- Soil sampling, groundwater monitoring, and remediation system operation and maintenance tasks in support of our project management team
- Generate quality field notes
- Support senior staff scientists on a variety of air/soil/emergency response/groundwater compliance projects
- Field data collection and documentation for environmental site assessments
- Coordinate and manage project field tasks
- Oversee remediation and construction activities
- Supervise onsite personnel and subcontractors
- Manage simultaneous operations
- Implement GHD and client-specific health and safety policies
- Perform oversight and coordination of waste disposal activities
- H.S. Diploma or higher
- 3+ years field experience
- Knowledgeable regarding RCRA and DOT regulations
- Ability to perform field work in remote locations and travel overnight
- Mechanical, electrical and computer aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous oil and gas sampling and system maintenance experience is a plus
- OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER is a plus
- CDL is a plus
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
This job has expired.