At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The primary objective of an Engineering Technician is to provide troubleshooting, testing, repairs, equipment maintenance and MRB evaluation services to systems manufacturing line meeting Quality and productivity goals within manufacturing. This person will play a significant role in the areas of Failure Analysis, First Pass Yield and MRB review.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow production escalation process and provide engineering evaluation of any interruptions to production lines.
- Perform quick triage of the issue and recommend best course of action to keep production moving. This includes performing simple reworks on the spot such as cable crimping, component soldering, threads tapping, fiber optics cleaning, and alignments adjusting.
- Resolve manufacturing escalations in a timely manner to keep the downtime to a minimum, allowing manufacturing to meet their daily outputs and build schedules.
- Diagnose and resolve failures on Systems Manufacturing lines; including system level failures, sub-assembly failures, and test fixture failures.
- Document findings of investigation in quality notifications, which are part of official Device History Records.
- Perform failure analysis down to component level, investigate root cause, and recommend corrective / preventive actions.
- Troubleshoot quality notifications and sustain the quantity to a minimum and without aging in order to meet CIP goals.
- Perform failure analysis, root cause investigation on non-conforming materials, and provide feedback to engineering for quality and reliability improvements.
- Perform experiments for engineering to find best solution for quality issues and failure trends.
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers to resolve manufacture, process, and quality issues.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing issues and provide rework instructions to repair non-conforming material.
- Perform failure analysis down to component level on Printed Circuit Assemblies (PCAs) with complex FPGA and microprocessor-based circuits.
- Perform complex product testing, troubleshooting, and repairing of electronic PCAs, electro-mechanical assemblies, and associated sub-assemblies.
- Troubleshoot non-conforming material rejected from manufacturing lines and document findings in process logs and variance requests.
- Support production with electronics/PCA programming and functional testing in the early phase of new product launches to shake out bugs and suggest improvements.
- Maintain calibration of all equipment in debug cell.
- Follow all corporate, safety and production procedures and regulations.
- Perform other engineering technician duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years of component level troubleshooting experience on FPGA/microprocessor-based Printed Circuit Assemblies (PCAs).
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills are essential for this position.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex electronic PCAs down to component level.
- Sense of urgency and Multi-tasking is essential to be able to support production lines effectively.
- Must possess extensive knowledge/experience in troubleshooting electromechanical issues.
- Understand wiring diagrams, schematics, assembly drawings, fab drawings, and mechanical component drawings.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills to be able to partner effectively with production technicians, trainers, supervisors as well as Mfg/Design/Test engineers.
- Experience in troubleshooting problems related to fiber optic cables, motors, rotors, stators, brakes, encoders, and sensors.
- Proficient in using various test equipment, which include but not limited to power supplies, oscilloscopes, frequency counters, digital multi-meters, function generators, and spectrum analyzers.
- Experience in using Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office suites, Agile, SAP, and MES.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform soldering rework on surface-mount and through-hole components.
- Working knowledge of computers, word processing and spreadsheet applications for documentation and data presentation.
- Occasional overtime (including weekends) is a requirement of this position.
- AS degree, trade school, military technical training or equivalent.
- A minimum of five years of troubleshooting experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Travel Requirements: Yes, 10 % of the Time Shift: Shift 1 - Day