The Senior Engineering Product Manager role collaborates and builds relationships with other engineering product managers, business stakeholders, and customers to define the vision of the products or services. You are the subject matter expert of your domain and user base and are proficient across adjacent domains. You proactively drive the quality of your products or services and seek and propose innovative solutions to advance business and technology value. This role impacts the team by creating clarity, championing change, and coaching others.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future. Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
- Drive the short and long-term product roadmap
- Identify underlying business needs by using different tools, techniques and styles; research, analyze and synthesize data to validate assumptions, define recommendations for process and product improvement needs, and drive decisions
- Take a data-driven approach to identifying key metrics and ensuring that features and epics improve them
- Coach engineering product managers to create concise user stories with clear, testable acceptance criteria
- Create release documentation such as release notes, training documentation, error messages and knowledge base articles
- Apply domain knowledge of the supply chain industry to deliver epics; understand existing products and solutions and how they impact other epics being delivered
- Set deliverables and keep team leaders and business partners informed; regularly review and prioritize your product backlog; identify and escalate risks that could impact project or feature deadlines
- Partner with software engineers and quality assurance analysts to create overall testing strategy for the product or service; create and execute on test plans that meet our quality expectations; respond to and prioritize support incidents
- Research and grow a competitive intelligence discipline for your domain(s) including analysis of competitors' products and communication of competitive threats and opportunities to business stakeholders
- Lead regular discussions with your business partners, resolve conflict and influence decisions; partner with stakeholders, principal software engineers and leaders to determine what a successful outcome looks like and consistently and broadly communicate the business value of the work
- Work with the business and marketing on information needed for RFP's, sales materials, white papers, presentations, etc.
- Create and deliver technical product demonstrations to technical and non-technical audiences
- Recognize when others need assistance and proactively coach and mentor them; provide and ask for regular feedback in order to improve skills and the team
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or minimum 4 years of equivalent work experience and high school diploma/GED
- Minimum 8 years of combined technical product management and industry experience
- Experience reading and writing analytical queries using SQL, PowerBI, etc., to support research and analysis
- Experience shipping multiple releases of large scale, commercial grade software
- Minimum 4 years of experience delivering projects using agile and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Experience leading teams (directly or indirectly) to connect technology projects with business growth and value
- Business and technical knowledge of systems that support logistics, supply chain, manufacturing, or inventory management
- Results driven with an understanding of how to evaluate, deliver, and validate business value
- Experience bringing new product features to the global market and supporting in-market products through the following activities: market analysis, MVP's, go-to-market strategy, iterating based on feedback, pricing, and testing
- Executive level written and verbal communication skills with the ability to assess audiences and adjust content, style and approach to meet their needs
- Experience leading meetings, keeping focus, balancing multiple viewpoints from stakeholders and resolving conflict as necessary
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate new ideas and opportunities with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities
- A learning and growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback and coaching others to do the same
- Experience creating and delivering technical product demonstrations to audiences diverse in role, knowledge and experience
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.