Your new company
My client has been in business over 50 years, established here in Manhattan in the 1970's they are a General Contractor / Construction Management firm specializing in Commercial Interiors - from minor partition changes to full scope renovations consisting of multiple floors, high end finishes and the integration of state of the art infrastructure and technology they work within Healthcare, Higher Education, along with a mix of Retail and Commercial clientele. These projects are valued anywhere between $2 - 60MM+ with the majority of their work coming from repeat business having a respected reputations in the New York Construction market.
Your new role
Due to their continuing growth, they are looking for a Senior Estimator to join their current estimating team adding to their expertise as they further carve a niche within the New York interiors construction market. In this role, you will build and maintain relationships with both clients and sub-contractors whilst delivering bids across a variety of contract types. You will work closely with Senior Management utilizing your expertise as they further grow and future proof the business.
On a daily basis you will be responsible for:
What you'll need to succeed
- Performing detailed quantity take-offs and organizing the quantities with unit pricing in production of an estimate.
- Dealing with RFP, RFI's.
- Attending client meetings and walk-through's and providing detailed breakdown of costs throughout the project cycle.
- Ability to build a full conceptual cost estimate from architectural sketches/schematics.
- Experience in developing and implementing value engineering solutions to drive down project costs for the Owner while maintaining a high level of construction quality.
- Ability to negotiate throughout the bidding process.
- Mentor and manage Junior members of the team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple projects and aggressive deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving, organizational, and time management skills with a high level of attention to detail.
In order to be successful in this job as a Senior Estimator based out of New York, you will come with 8+ years' construction estimating experience with a General Contractor and/or Construction Management firm. You will be well-versed in delivering both conceptual and/or hard dollar estimates and will have worked on a range of commercial developments. You will ideally have well-established, existing relationships with sub-contractors in the Tri-state area, along with a degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management. Coming from a QS, Quantity Surveying background would be a plus but longevity and stability throughout your career is advantageous. What you'll get in return
This is an excellent job opportunity to join a thriving Manhattan based business as they continue to justify their place as one of New York's leading contractors. Clearly defined career progression and a competitive salary are on offer to the successful candidate. The successful individual will profit from generous benefits package consisting of health benefits (health, dental & vision) along with a 401-K plan and annual bonuses including profit sharing. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click "apply now" to forward an up-to-date copy of your resume, or call Callum Hewitt on the details provided. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your next move. #1147477
This job has expired.