Senior Cloud Engineer
Everest Global Services, Inc.
Everest Group, Ltd. ('Everest' or 'the Group') is a leading global reinsurance and insurance provider, operating for nearly 50 years through subsidiaries in the Europe, Bermuda, Canada, Singapore, US, and other territories. Our strengths include extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet, and an innovative culture. Throughout our history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focuses on creating long-term value through underwriting excellence and strong risk and capital management. But the most critical asset in this organization is our people.
At Everest, we are committed to the development of our people. We offer dynamic training & professional development to our employees. You will benefit from career development and learning opportunities that will let you set career goals and fulfill them, including:
• Generous tuition/continuing education reimbursement
• Mentoring opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements
• Talent development initiatives
• Networking groups
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our team. The desired candidate will be responsible for engineering and implementing Azure infrastructure as well as performing day to day support and monitoring of its cloud infrastructure. The candidate will work with development teams and other infrastructure engineers to solve critical issues. Successful candidates must have worked in Microsoft Azure environments and have an excellent understanding of cloud concepts. The candidate must possess strong technical aptitude, analytical skills, communications skills, and demonstrated great problem-solving ability.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Foster collaboration with software product development, architecture, and IT teams to ensure releases are delivered with repeatable and auditable processes.
- Assist in architecting, designing, and implementing cloud-based IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS solutions
- Design, develop and implement automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration solutions
- Use Microsoft Azure to deploy highly available, scalable, and secure applications
- Design and implement workflows to automate the release and upgrade process for applications in Test and Production environments.
- Azure Active Directory Administration
- Azure IAM Role Based Administration.
- Governance of Azure cloud infrastructure using Azure Policy, Blueprints, and Azure Security Center.
- Create and update support documentation and standards.
- Develop automated methodologies for deployment activities, configuration management, supporting systems and business processes.
- Use Jira to track and manage all work through the development life cycle.
- Proactively analyze and contribute improvements to support our deployment processes
- Investigate and contribute to solving various issues in production environments.
- Drive compliance and security efforts related to systems managed by the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in systems engineering, with at least 5 years of experience in Azure Administration and Automation.
- Strong experience deploying Infrastructure as Code (IaC) through ARM Templates or Terraform.
- Scripting experience using JSON and PowerShell.
- Experience with Azure Policy and Blueprints.
- Good knowledge of Linux, Kubernetes/AKS, and Docker.
- Knowledge of networking and software defined networking in cloud environments.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical projects and mentor team members.
- Knowledge of Agile development lifecycles.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert or equivalent certification.
- Proficient knowledge of Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
- Strong knowledge of ADFS and AD Connect architecture.
- Sound knowledge of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP.
- Experience with Zero Trust Architecture.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of this commitment, Everest will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Everest Benefits at email@example.com.
Everest U.S. Privacy Notice | Everest (everestglobal.com)
This job has expired.