The final salary or hourly wage, as applicable, paid to each candidate/applicant for this position is ultimately dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate's/applicant's qualifications, skills, and level of experience as well as the geographical location of the position.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Our Client is seeking a Senior Application Stability Engineer in New York, NY.
The purpose of this position is to support these complex applications when the applications have technical issues related to business logic, performance, availability, reliability, malfunction resulting in incorrect results in processing, slow throughput, long end of day processing, response time issues - to name a few. The Senior Application Stability Engineer will go in the technical details of the application, keeping in mind the desired business outcome, fix the issue by change of configuration or code, restart or redefining the processes, changing the database setting/config, changing network or access parameters.
• Manage work assignment, tracking and issue resolution of support engineers
• Understand the technical issue reported by business. clients and work on identifying tech component/code/configuration causing the issue.
• Design and code the fixes to the problems. Lead the team by example.
• Identify impact of a solution and make sure that the test process covers all impact
• Review the code developed by developers and instill peer review practice
• Define the unit testing plan for the changes and utilize/modify test cases
• Report the progress of work assigned to the team members, identify risks in the development process and bring those up in team meetings, find mitigation steps for the same
• Guide the team when they come across issues
• Collaborate with other internal and external teams that are involved in the scope of the problem in the process of resolution.
• Guide the developers to analyze non-functional requirements such as performance, capacity, security compliance in the developed software
• Participate in the software engineering meetings to generate new ideas and innovations, selection and evaluation of new technology in development of solutions
• Shift left approach to get involved in new initiatives/projects from early on and train the support teams to support the applications
• Acquire knowledge of the cross-border payments domain and educate the team on the same
Skills & Requirements
• Related development support experience
• Hard skills in MS Tech suite - C#, .Net, SQLServer, MVC architecture, MQ, REACT, NO SQL database like Mongo, Azure or google or AWS cloud based deployment, devops adoption
• Knowledge and experience in cross border payments over SWIFT, ACH, Instant payments, RTGS, Realtime payments, SEPA, FX Spots and forwards, general banking and accounting principles is a definite plus.
What are the preferred skills needed for this role
• Banking and Finance industry (tech role) preferred
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
What experiences / skill would be considered a 'Home Run'
• 8+ years development level 3 production support with a large enterprise company with .Net and some of tech listed.
Excellent command in troubleshooting software on following:
• event driven architecture
• service oriented architecture, microservices
• migration from MS SQLServer database to nosql
• message bus
• integration techniques
• Azure Cloud
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• PTO Carry-Over: Up to 40 hours of unused PTO may be carried over to the first quarter of the following year. Any PTO that has been carried over and is not used during the first quarter will be forfeited.
• Employees will also receive an additional 40hrs of Sick Leave/year
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit thesection to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is committed to building a thriving culture of diversity that embraces people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we serve our candidates, clients, and employees. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and we comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, HIV-positive status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. One of Hays' guiding principles is 'do the right thing'. We also believe that actions speak louder than words. In that regard, we train our staff on ensuring inclusivity throughout the entire recruitment process and counsel our clients on these principles. If you have any questions about Hays or any of our processes, please contact us.
In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Santa Rosa, California
Posted 12 minutes ago
San Francisco, California
Posted 12 minutes ago
Walnut Creek, California
Posted 12 minutes ago