Senior Analyst - Technology Finance & Analytics
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The Sr. Financial Analyst will assist in the design, development and on-going management of the planning and budgeting processes, reporting and ad hoc analysis. This position will report directly to the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis. The position will entail a variety of responsibilities, including, but not limited to, providing assistance with budgeting, forecasting, building financial models, automating management reporting, and ad-hoc analysis. This role will be an individual contributor and will not have direct management responsibilities.
- Support the development of high quality and accurate annual operating plans, long-term forecasts, and quarterly revision.
- Research and provide a comparison of actual to plan, prior quarter and prior year, as well as clear and concise variance explanations that highlight risks and opportunities.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the business by engaging with the business areas as a partner in thoughtful conversations about their specific areas of operation and planning assumptions.
- Develop and monitor KPIs and identify the causes of any unexpected variances.
- Manipulate and analyze large transactional data sets, interpret, and summarize the data for metrics reporting and business insights highlighting trends and anomalies for executive management.
- Serve as a resource to team members and applicable stakeholders on ad-hoc financial analysis assignments and projects.
- Provide oversight and assist as needed for the invoicing/billing process for area of responsibility - including but not limited to accurate coding to GL, appropriate business unit allocations, and processing in a timely manner each month.
- Identify and recommend process improvements that significantly reduce workloads and reporting redundancies.
- Use data analytics to draw conclusions and present financial and operational insights to support timely executive level decision-making.
- Assist in development and implementation of change management activities related to system implementations, planning workflow and automation of reporting.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Embraces new technologies quickly and applies new technology solutions to everyday tasks.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and evaluate information to support decisions.
- Demonstrates Initiative by proactively identifying what needs to be done.
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal verbal and written skills
- Strong customer focus ensuring resolution of issues while striving to create the best experience for all stakeholders.
- Demonstrates strong initiative with the ability to work independently, identify issues and succinctly present solutions.
- Balances a high sense of urgency with presenting detail-oriented and accurate financial information
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's degree in business, Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Accounting and finance experience supporting IT organizations in financial services industry is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a large corporate environment with responsibilities in areas of budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, and operational expense management is required.
- Expert level Microsoft Excel with an aptitude in systems and financial modeling
- Experience building and maintaining complex financial models leveraging large data sets.
- Experience with statistical, analytics and database software preferred (SQL, SAS)
- Experience with performance management planning software, Apptio preferred.