Opportunity: Senior Analyst, Marsh Specialty Analytics Solutions
Location: Chicago downtown
Marsh is seeking a Senior Analyst to join US Operations in the Chicago Office:
What can you expect:
- Support the performance and delivery of risk quantification, modeling, and simulation fee-for-service capabilities for Marsh USA clients
- Support Marsh USA sales and client service - both brokerage and consulting - through results presentation, methodology explanation, and recommendations
- Support Marsh JLT Specialty USA efforts to build risk models for specialty lines of business - coordinating with business leaders on model construction
- Collaborate with Marsh global resources regarding best practice models when building and maintaining risk modeling capability
- Collaborate with Marsh JLT Specialty USA risk specialists regarding risk model outputs and how they are presented to Marsh professionals, clients, and prospects
What's in it for you?
- Applying your unique solutions to the evolving needs of both internal and external clients
- Opportunity to engage with other areas of Marsh to understand the full scope of the business process
- A Competitive pay, generous benefits, employer matching and contribution to 401k.
- Generous paid time off, sick time, and one volunteer day per year, paid holidays.
What you need to have:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Statistics (or Mathematics, Actuarial Science, or related area with strong Statistics concentration)
- Strong casualty and actuarial analysis experience; progress on Casualty Actuarial Exams through at least Exam 4 with intent to attain FCAS
- 3+ years of experience building risk models - examples include traditional property and casualty risk modeling, financial or commodity modeling, and non-traditional enterprise risk modeling
- 3+ years of retail insurance or risk management industry experience (including actuarial or financial risk management experience)
- 3+ years of experience with client-facing responsibilities - project results delivery and sales
What makes you stand out:
- Expert level of proficiency with MS Excel (including VBA) and either R or Python
- Strong presentation skills and consulting project experience - ability to translate results of data analysis into easy-to-understand recommendations for client risk decision-making
- Knowledge of commercial insurance programs - including specialty insurance (examples include Directors' and Officers', Cyber, and Errors and Omissions)
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.