Scientist /Senior Scientist (in vivo), Immunology/Pharmacology
Competitive salary and benefits
AstraZeneca is building new capabilities to support our growth in immunology and autoimmune diseases and we have an exciting opportunity for an invivo scientist looking to help bring new medicines to patients!
What we do: Make a more meaningful impact to patients' lives around the globe. At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person!
Respiratory & Immunology (R&I) is one of AstraZeneca's main therapy areas. From a research perspective we work to understand, treat, modify and ultimately cure respiratory disease with an emphasis on four diseases with significant unmet medical need; asthma, COPD, Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) and Chronic Cough. At AstraZeneca Respiratory & Immunology, we're driven by innovation and our commitment to make a real-life difference in patients' lives..
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As the n vivo Scientist, you will be an experimental scientist within Early Respiratory and Immunology Department focusing on developing therapeutics for the treatment of immune and autoimmune diseases such as SLE and arthritis. You will generate preclinical and translational data in support of key portfolio programs and drive technical excellence in bioscience research.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Excellent hands-on in vivo skills and the ability to independently run disease and mechanistic models, including administering candidate drugs and collecting a range biological samples.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of animal welfare and ethical compliance as well as data integrity
- Depending on experience you may be assigned as in vivo lead for studies supporting pre-clinical discovery and early development projects.
- Design and develop disease-relevant in vivo models and biomarkers
- Contribute to the evaluation and interpretation of primary data as well as writing reports and summaries
- Supporting drug discovery projects to meet their objectives by acting as an effective and creative team member
- PhD in a relevant subject area or MSc complemented with an extensive proven track record of in vivo work
- Practical In vivo experience and experimental skills in the use of animal models
- Good understanding of pharmacology, physiology and immunology
- Analytical skills related to in vivo research and data analysis
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- As highly motivated, independent scientist - be able to work effectively as part of a team and develop ideas by incorporating the views of others
- Able to communicate effectively across language, cultural, or other barriers
- Understanding of statistical methods, quality control including data reporting and archiving
- Immunology/autoimmune disease knowledge, including target and mechanism knowledge (e.g. SLE, arthritis, IBD)
- Experience of specialized in vivo techniques and development of in vivo models
The role will sometimes involve implementing protocols over timelines that extend outside of normal working patterns.This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD
The AstraZeneca Gaithersburg campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This green, sustainable, modern, vibrant scientific campus is where we host some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces. Newly designed, state of the art research spaces and open seating floor plans are just a couple of ways we work cross functionally and collaboratively.
The Gaithersburg campus also provides an award winning café, free garage parking with electric car charging stations, bike racks, free fitness center to include classed and personal training game rooms, outdoor patio, bocce ball court, arcade games and game tables, recharge Pod's, library, walking trails, onsite dry cleaning pickup, haircutting service, health and wellness center, starbucks café, and much more!Benefits:
AstraZeneca is a leading company in the healthcare industry, with a mission to enrich the lives of others. It's our business to support healthy living, not only for our patients, but also for our employees. Our benefits program is flexible enough to meet employees' varying needs, offers valuable choices, and is highly competitive.Why AstraZeneca?
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
Come and join our journey - Apply today!Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.