Facility: WOODRIDGE INTERVENTIONS
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Naperville Bridge School, a partnership between Naperville Illinois School District 203 and Woodridge Interventions is currently seeking a Licensed School SOCIAL WORKER PEL (Type 73).
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
This position assists students with academic learning by providing strategic services that identify and address the social, emotional, and environmental issues that interfere with the educational process. This position works with parents or guardians, teachers, principals and community based resources to promote a positive school experience for all students.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and assesses academic problems through analysis of factors impinging on student adjustment including factors in the home, school and community.
- Serves as liaison between families, clinical team and the school to positively promote collaborative processes in educational planning for students by encouraging parent/guardian participation in the school setting.
- Provides individual and group therapeutic counseling to students.
- Provides parent or guardian educational workshops on identified issues related to adolescent development, stress reduction, discipline and safety and teacher/parent/student communication.
- Collaborates with school staff and other school system personnel in implementing strategies for promoting students’ learning.
- Participates as member of Individual Education Plan (IEP) and other school based teams to develop interventions for promoting students’ academic success.
- Provides crisis intervention services.
- Provides social work case management for students and families.
- Provides staff consultation on behavioral/emotional/environmental issues affecting student participation in the learning process.
- Conducts staff development on issues related to social/emotional/environmental factors that impact learning.
- Conducts classroom meetings, psycho-educational social skill groups and classroom presentations on identified areas of concern for the students
- Maintains required clinical records and submits appropriate documents for statistical reports with adherence to program standards in school social work.
- Completes risk assessments on referred students.
- Completes functional behavior assessments and created behavioral intervention plans on identified students.
- Completes classroom student observations.
- Serves as liaison with community agencies and assists in fostering communications between schools, parents/guardians, clinical team and community leaders.
- Locates and mobilizes community resources to support the education program.
- Develops and coordinates specialized activities for the program to assist with addressing and individualizing students’ educational needs.
- Facilitates staff meetings and conferences.
- Performs other duties as required.