Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofinsis hiringa Sample Receiving Technicianin Pittsburgh, PA. This is an entry-level role offering long-term growth potential and advancement opportunities.
The Sample Receiving Technician:
- Logs and tracks the receipt and shipment of all samples into and out of the laboratory and verifies receipt of samples.
- Assists in preparing bottle kits for delivery to clients and ensures accurate and timely documentation of sample log in, labeling, and routing.
- Determines the priority level and appropriate testing procedures of samples according to Chain of Custody as well as labels and stores samples in accordance with documented procedures
- Sample Control Technicians will also be responsible for proper disposal of samples and waste in accordance with all applicable procedures.
Sample Receiving Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications:
- Receives and unloads incoming samples or consignments in accordance with DOT regulations and verifies receipt against Chain of Custody (COC), matches it to the corresponding quote and notes discrepancies daily. Verifies that COC's are accurate, complete, and correct and seeks resolution for those that are not.
- Logs samples into Lab Management System daily to assign a lot number for tracking purposes and distributes paperwork to Project Managers.
- Labels samples so they may be identified by the lot number assigns and delivers samples to appropriate labs for analysis daily.
- Prepares bottle kits daily to be shipped to clients to collect samples and return for analysis in accordance with established procedures including EPA and DOT requirements.
- Forwards samples to other laboratories in accordance with DOT regulations as needed to run tests that are not performed at that location.
- Disposes of spent samples, waste and other potentially hazardous materials in accordance with established procedures.
- Monitors freezer and cooler temperatures daily to confirm that the readings are within SOP guidelines.
- Cleans and organizes the department daily to promote a clean, safe work environment and smoother flow of daily operations.
- Maintains and promotes safety and conducts all operations in a safe and environmentally compliant manner.
- Stocks and supplies inventory daily and assists with inventory of supplies to maintain proper quantity of materials to perform tasks appropriately.
- Performs splits and composites as needed upon request.
- May perform courier duties as necessitated to support lab and client needs.
- Assists in maintenance of walk-in coolers to facilitate locating samples.
- Ships empty coolers back to clients and other Eurofins TestAmerica Laboratories. Logs all outgoing coolers in order to maintain a detailed inventory of all coolers
- Conducts all client interaction in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Other job duties as determined by local management.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- Computer skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication (oral and written)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Position is full-time. Work schedule: Techniciancan choose either a 1st shift Tuesday - Saturday schedule OR a 2nd shift Monday - Friday schedule, with overtime as needed for either schedule.
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Pittsburgh, PA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
www.eurofinsus.com.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in the US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates may apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants may be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment. In addition, certain positions require travel for which vaccination is required in accordance with Eurofins policy.