SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As the Sample Prep Technician, youwill be responsible for preparing test samples, test equipment, testing, and reporting of test results of our client's materials. Candidates will be expected to support SGS in such a manner as to fulfill the company's mission statement, quality objectives, and safety objectives.
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Conducting sample preparation, cut, polish, grind, etc.
- Read and understand written instructions.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance.
- Provide technical support and assistance to staff and engineers.
- Maintain and clean laboratory instruments and equipment & perform preventative maintenance.
- Floater Lab Technicians will be required to operate:
- Metal cutting band saws
- Manual and automated polishing equipment
- Abrasive cut-off saws
Physical Demands of the Job
- High School Diploma
- 0-2 years related experience and/or training
- Experience with sample preparation, using saws, grinders, etc.
- Self-motivated, team playerwith excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to obtain and record, in an accurate manner, measurements using appropriate instruments.
- Will be occasionally required to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level is moderate.
- Frequently required to use hazardous chemicals.
- Frequently requires the employee to stand and walk.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk/hear.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.