Growth of the auto value stream necessitates additional resources in the automotive sales team to handle various administrative sales support functions such as MDM (Material Data Management) creation in support of both pre-production and production orders. This role is crucial for assisting various OEM teams with new program/part launches, as well as part changes throughout the life of a program. In addition, this role will be responsible for management and entry of data, such as price, into OEM computer system.
At Novelis, our people are our greatest asset! We embrace diversity to see real world problems through various lenses, and make breath through technology possible. Our family oriented atmosphere encourages and enables employees and their families to give back to their communities through numerous volunteer events. We also work with non-profit partners, local schools towards making communities safer, and growing recycling by consumers. Novelis also supports Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education initiatives. We operate in a strong and encouraging environment, with opportunities to be part of our employee mentorship programs to guide you through your career.
Does this sound like your next opportunity? Apply today!
Responsibilities & QualificationsQualifications
- Accurate MDM order entries for pre-production orders
- Connect with supply chain personnel to ensure material is prioritized and scheduled appropriately to ensure delivery deadlines are met.
- Work with cross functional teams in acquiring vital data to pull certificate of analysis (CERT) in order to acquire BOL's
- Lead set up for new tier stampers on resale programs by working with the supply chain team to ensure that all requirements are in place to set up new customer in SAP.
- Maintain communication with tier stamper buyers as vital for invoicing.
- Process manual invoicing for assigned OEM accounts as the need arises.
- Coordinate all administrative activities between regional manufacturing facilities, third party tollers, warehouses and end customers as the need arises, to ensure invoices are generated and payments are processed on time.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related.
- One to three years of experience in a large sophisticated manufacturing environment, preferably aluminum, casting, rolling and / or recycling.
- Good understanding of manufacturing process, techniques and practices.
- Must be flexible and able to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize workload; must be able to manage multiple tasks at once without sacrificing attention to detail
- SAP Experience
- Computer proficiency MS Office.
- Ability to perform work accurately and independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate appropriately to peers, operators and managers.
Novelis' Novi office is located twenty-five miles northwest of the heart of the motor city. Its 50+ employees provide dedicated commercial technical and recycling teams for Novelis' growing automotive customer base. Novi is also the location of the company's newly announced Customer Solution Center which will accelerate innovation between Novelis and automakers for the next generation of vehicle design. As one of the fastest growing cities in Michigan Novi offers a host of destination shopping and specialty expos fine dining options and outdoor recreation activities. Our Novi team is a key sponsor to community events such as Habitat for Humanity and local schools with its FIRST Robotics team and STEM education programs.