MV Transportation is seeking an experienced Safety Supervisor. The Safety Supervisor will monitor street operations according to client, operations, and safety department requirements. He/she will lead the division in the area of safety organization regarding classroom and behind the wheel instruction in all aspects of passenger transportation, including defensive driving, service area familiarization, passenger loading, unloading and securement, proper manifest documentation, use of on-board equipment, accident and emergency procedures, dispatch and radio communications, and passenger sensitivity.
- Ensures all safety manuals, programs, policies and practices are kept current and meet the operational needs.
- Ensures a consistent safety culture throughout the locations that incorporates operations, safety and maintenance departments and emphasizes the team approach and individual responsibility of all employees to achieve common goals.
- Conduct vehicle and personnel checks to meet safety standards.
- Meet all FTA, client and OSHA training requirements.
- Reviews reporting of all vehicular, passenger and employee accidents/incidents for determination of cause and preventability, identifying potential trends to be addressed in future training efforts.
- Thorough knowledge of FTA Drug and Alcohol program and implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous passenger transportation required.
- Previous training and/or field supervision experience preferred but not required.
- One-year accident/injury free driving experience.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage emergency situations.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office products (Word & Excel) required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with all departments.
- Ability to work independently and objectively.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Must be able to set priorities and exercise good judgment.
- Must have or obtain FTA PTSCTP certification within two (2) years of date of hire.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.