Provide a safe and secure living and working environment for students and staff. Assists in the investigation of accidents and incidents with the goal of resolution and reduction of future occurrences.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Assists Safety & Security Department to maintain a safe and secure Center environment.
- Investigates all accidents/incidents under the direction of management and prepares required reports, recommending corrective action.
- Conducts routine safety inspections and assessments of all Center equipment and facilities to identify potential safety and security hazards.
- Enforces occupational safety and health regulations and standards.
- Conducts and documents incident and accident investigations per established timelines and requirements.
- Conducts routine Center-wide security tours and assists with monitoring and supervision of students.
- Responds to emergency situations and requests.
- Responsible for Center security, visitor control and student accountability.
- May assist dorm staff in conducting dorm inspections and searches for contraband.
- Maintains the security and cleanliness of Center facilities and property.
- May provide residential, recreation and transportation assistance as required.
- Produces quality work and completes assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Advanced degrees preferred. Prefer Job Corps or related program experience. Must possess a valid in-State Driver's License and meet Company insurability requirements. Physical requirements include sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching. Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds and /or the ability to assess the lift load in order to ask for necessary assistance.
"Adams and Associates, Inc. abides by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability." This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.