It's more than a career, it's a calling.
MO-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
Plans coordinates and implements care to the adult patient in the Cardiac Cath Lab. Ensures that quality care is provided in an efficient and safe manner consistent with the unit's standards of care and demonstrates competency skills appropriate to the clinical area.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Performs on the Cath Lab procedure team as circulator, scrub, or monitor.
- Performs in holding by ensuring patient is correctly prepped for the procedure. Ensures needed information, such as history and physical (H&P), is timely.
- Utilizes critical judgment to analyze patient assessment and administers medications on all patients, including the critically ill patient and reports abnormal information to the physician in a timely manner.
- Performs hemostasis safely and properly with or without vascular devices.
- Routinely enters patient orders and charges. Checks charges to ensure accuracy.
- Provides care of the critically ill patient with the ability to function independently in a stressful situation.
- Routinely educates patients and families based on assessed needs, documents education provided, and keeps them informed of tests and treatments. Provides clear patient instruction on what to expect during the perioperative procedure.
- Assists families to the cardiology area or cath lab area by escorting when necessary.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - American Heart Association (AHA), Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State LicenseWork Shift:
Day Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
30010100 Cardiac Cath LabScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
This job has expired.