Your best life. Our one purpose.
At MercyOne Siouxland, we work continuously to inspire one another and are dedicated to do what is right. Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile.
What we offer:
We care about your wellbeing, both physical and mental, which is why our benefit package includes:
What you will do:
- $15,000 Sign On Bonus
- Wellness programs
- Education reimbursement
- Personalized health insurance plans including dental and vision
- Paid time off
- Long- and short-term leave
- Retirement planning
- Life insurance coverage
Under limited supervision, provides nursing care to assigned patients by utilizing the nursing process and meeting the established standards within the nursing department. The registered nurse is accountable for his/her nursing practice and assigned patients, and is an advocate for patient/families and nursing. Adheres to the principles of Service Excellence Guiding Behaviors and the philosophy and mission of Mercy in all aspects of job performance.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide service/care appropriate to the age of the patients served, in accordance with MercyOne standards.
- Prioritizes components of an in-depth assessment to determine patients' holistic health status on an ongoing basis.
- Utilizing the nursing process effectively identifies actual and potential problems and develops/carries out the plan of care for the complex patient; specific to the age of patient population identified within the department/unit scope of service, in accordance with the department/unit standards.
- Provides concurrent, accurate, and legible documentation on the medical record consistent with hospital policies.
- Implements nursing intervention and adapts care based on changes in patient condition, consultation with other professionals, and patient/family needs.
- Promotes and maintains a safe and calm environment for complex patients by ensuring appropriate supplies, equipment, and necessary services.
Why MercyOne Siouxland?
- Associates or Bachelors prepared RN
- RN with active license
- Have or obtain Basic Life Support within 3 months of employment
MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center is a 238-bed regional center that provides residents in a 33-county tri-state region an entire continuum of preventive, primary, acute and tertiary healthcare services. MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center is home to the only Level II trauma center in western Iowa - one of only four trauma care facilities in the state to receive verification from the American College of Surgeons - and MercyOne Air Med, a regional helicopter ambulance service.About MercyOne and Trinity Health
We are MercyOne: a connected system of health care facilities and services dedicated to helping you and your community live your best life.
More than 20,000 colleagues strong, our care providers and staff make your health and happiness their highest priority, so you can get well-and stay well. With 420 care locations, our clinics, medical centers and affiliates are never too far from home, allowing us to improve the lives of individuals and communities across the state of Iowa and beyond.
MercyOne Siouxland is a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network spans 22 states, 94 hospitals and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.About Siouxland
(include this on positions recruiting outside the region)
The tri-state region, referred to as Siouxland, is highlighted by safe and friendly communities, excellent schools and a mix of peaceful rural areas and vibrant city atmosphere where Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota meet at the Missouri River.
Situated in the heart of Downtown Sioux City, MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center is also well positioned for urban living in any of the newly renovated apartment, downtown loft, or townhome living options. The downtown also features a historic district with excellent restaurants and social spots and you'll just be steps away from the beautifully-renovated Warrior Hotel for dinner and the gorgeous Orpheum Theatre for entertainment.The MercyOne Mission Defines Us:
MercyOne serves with fidelity to the Gospel as a compassionate, healing ministry of Jesus Christ to transform the health of our communities.Our timeless values guide us:
MercyOne Cultural Beliefs Direct Us:
- Commitment to the Poor
Be ONE: I benefit from and strengthen MercyOne.
Personalize Care: Your experience. My responsibility.
Own It!: I own my actions to deliver our key results.
Improve Daily: I make improvements every day for those we serve including each other.
Innovate: I imagine and embrace bold new ideas to revolutionize health.
MercyOne Siouxland and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.