5200 Virginia Way, Brentwood, Tennessee, 37027, United States of America
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, Daytime Hours!
Full-time, Permanent Opportunity | Flexible Scheduling | Community-based Work Culture | Comprehensive Benefits Package
What Will You Do?
This position performs revenue cycle duties including but not limited to:
processing patient insurance information through the patient intake process ensuring the timely and accurate submission of insurance claims collecting payment on outstanding patient balances
Example of daily responsibilities includes:
- Perform duties for revenue operations department related to either medical insurance billing, collections or patient access
- Communicate with insurance payers to ensure proper insurance coverage for our patients or to ensure timely and accurate reimbursement for dialysis services rendered at our clinics
- Review and submit system setup requests to appropriate teams to ensure center and payer information is loaded into the billing system for accurate billing
- Respond timely and accurately to payer communications
- Collaborate with other revenue operations teams to ensure seamless processes across teams
- Partner with clinics teammates such as Insurance counselors, social workers and facility administrators to ensure timely and accurate insurance information
- Help identify process changes and opportunities for continuous improvements
- Maintain current patient account information at all times
- Maintain confidentiality of all company and patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations and DaVita policies
Other duties could include:
- May be asked to work overtime as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
Experience and required skills
- No previous healthcare Experience is required
Excellent communication skills: (Written & Verbal). The position involves regular communication with insurance payors, employers, or other teams.
Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills: Patient account and every insurance payor is different. The ability to think through a situation and carefully identify the best action to take is critical to be successful at this role
Ability to adapt quickly and manage stress: Our environment can change quickly on a daily basis. Adapting and managing stress is important for success
Relationships Building: Working in teams and with other departments is central to this position
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
Training provided by DaVita:
- Knowledge of revenue cycle, insurance rules, and regulations for federal, state, and/or managed care payers in multiple states
- Knowledge of medical billing and reimbursement practices
- Usage of DaVita billing and reimbursement systems
- Basic medical reimbursement terminology
- Basic knowledge of healthcare reimbursement accounting principles
Our Core Values
- Service Excellence
- Continuous Improvement
What We'll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita's online training platform StarLearning.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://careers.davita.com/benefits