Retain National General's Book of Business that has been sold by outside agents, agencies and enrollments from online sources. Responsible for "saving" or retaining policies that are currently cancelling, cross-selling ancillary products to existing clients, and other inbound and outbound projects related to policy retention and insurance sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Practice sound industry and business ethics
- Explain benefits and products successfully by utilizing effective sales and persuasion skills in addition to solid knowledge of the company's products and other carrier products
- Contact a variety of agencies clients with recently cancelled/ or ending policies to assist with re-write
- Handle inbound and outbound calls to assist with enrollments, renewals, cancellations, and service client accounts
- Sell insurance products to new and existing clients utilizing relevant Short Term Medical, Accident, Critical Illness, and Dental Options
- Assess client needs and goals, and recommend appropriate products
- Follow internal processes and procedures to ensure that transactions are handled in accordance with company and agency policies, practices, and guidelines
- Meet production goals as established, while maintaining quality standards for all lines of insurance
- Provide excellent customer service with a positive attitude
- Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Highly competent at multi-tasking
- Must have high attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Brings an enthusiasm for providing the best customer service experience whether it's to an internal or external customer
- Able to operate in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment and tolerate ambiguity as we continue to grow and develop
- Flexible, relish a challenge, and look forward to conquering daily tasks
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to overcome objections
- Must be coachable and accept constructive assessments
- Willing to take feedback and implement it immediately
- Thrives in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Licensed Life and Health Insurance Agent (or ability to obtain license) with experience selling insurance over the phone
- Customer service/retention experience in fast paced environment
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.