Are you passionate about making a difference in people’s lives? Are you motivated to learn and connect people with cutting edge technology? Do you go the extra mile to provide customer delight? Then you should join the Hargray team as a Retail Representative!
The Company: For over 70 years, Hargray has been connecting customers to each other and the world, growing from a local phone company to an industry leader providing residential, business, enterprise, and carrier wholesale communications services. Our mission is to envision and deliver customer delight. In addition to our long history of dedication and commitment to our community, we offer benefits for your health, wealth, protection, well-being, time, and more. Our team of over 800 colleagues supporting local markets throughout the southeast is committed to excellence, delivering the most advanced technology and the best service for our customers.
General Description of Position:
The Retail Representative will build and maintain the customer base by providing quality service. Increase the net customer base by providing quality sales/support of telecommunications products to new and existing customers whom walk-in or call-in. Also maintain a polite, professional, and positive attitude to convey a helpful friendly Company image to the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets and serves walk in customers and conducts out-bound calling to secure new customers or provide upgraded services to existing customers.
- Identifies sales opportunities and achieves monthly quota.
- Presents a suite of products and services offered to potential and existing customers, leads negotiations, coordinates decision-making process, and overcomes objections to closure.
- Establishes, develops and maintains relationships with current customers and prospective customers.
- Demonstrates products to customers and provides training on the use of products sold.
- Analyzes, researches, resolves, refers and follows up on customer needs regarding services and billing in an expedient and professional manner.
- Makes follow-up calls to ascertain customer satisfaction, answer questions or concerns, and obtain referrals and/or sales leads.
- Communicates independently, effectively, clearly and professionally with customers, employees, supervisors and managers to establish and maintain considerate and cooperative relationships.
- Handles customers’ requests by phone, online chat, fax, e-mail and mail.
- Provides management with information regarding trends related to customer needs, problems, interests and competitive activities.
- Keeps abreast of current company and industry trends and practices as they relate to sales & customer service and makes appropriate recommendations to management.
- Participates in company-sponsored activities during non-business hours.
- Accepts payments for products and services. Completes tasks by processing transactions through the cash register and providing the customer with the receipt.
- Disperses to and receives inventory from existing customers.
- Maintains an accurate cash fund. Counts the cash fund in and out, reconciles the daily receipts, and reconciles the cash drawer.
- Provides training and assistance for new employees; participates in cross training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure effective operation of department.
- Assist with field activity when needed.