This job has expired.
Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH)Department of Medicine is recruiting a Research Assistant II to assist the AdministrativeDirector of the Undiagnosed Diseases Network (UDN) at the Harvard clinicalsite. The Undiagnosed Diseases Network (UDN) is a research study that is fundedby the National Institutes of Health Common Fund. Its purpose is to bringtogether clinical and research experts from across the United States to solvethe most challenging medical mysteries using advanced technologies.
The Harvard clinical siteincludes Brigham and Women's Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital andBoston Children's Hospital.
Overall the UDN is a group of12 clinical centers across the United States, including: the NIH, BaylorCollege of Medicine, Duke Medical Center, Harvard Affiliated Hospitals, StanfordMedical Center, University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center, Universityof Miami School of Medicine, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia/University ofPennsylvania, University of Washington, Washington University and VanderbiltUniversity Medical Center. The center in charge of coordinating the UDN (theCoordinating Center) is at Harvard Medical School and Baylor College ofMedicine performs genetic testing for the UDN.
The Research Assistant II(RA II) will play a key role in the day to day administration and coordinationof research activities.
Interested candidates should apply via https://www.brighamandwomens.org/about-bwh/careers. Please attach a cover letter to your resume.
For more information regarding the BWH Department of Medicine or UDN,please visit http://www.brighamandwomens.org/Departments_and_Services/medicine/default.aspx and https://undiagnosed.hms.harvard.edu/.
Undiagnosed Diseases Network
• Develop andmaintain IRB documentation including, but not limited to, amendments and annualreviews
• Triage requestsfrom the UDN coordinating center and coordinate site-wide feedback
• Manage all newpatient applications
o Collect andorganize patients' medical records for review by UDN Clinical Team
• Coordinate UDNpatient visits at the Harvard clinical sites
o Communicate withpatients and families over the phone, email and mail
o Mailacceptance/deferral letters to patients
o Coordinate thedistribution and collection of consent forms packets and DNA sequencing packetsprior to HUDN visit
o Assist geneticcounselors in requesting medical records
o Track patient flowthrough the Cases Assessment Committee, Steering Committee and ClinicalEvaluation Teams
o Coordinate travelfor patients and families visiting the Harvard clinical site
o Create summaryschedule for clinical visit and distribute to patients and family
o Meet patientswhen they arrive at clinical site
o Act as patient liaison while UDN patient and familymembers are visiting clinical site
• Trackinsurance billing for BWH and MGH patients; make recommendations to HUDNleadership regarding expenses not covered by insurance
• Incollaboration with physicians and genetic counselors draft wrap-up evaluationdocumentation and communicate outcome of evaluation to referring provider
• CoordinateHarvard UDN Case Assessment meetings (2 x month) and BWH Clinical Evaluation teammeetings weekly and ad hoc
Posted about 6 hours ago
Posted 23 minutes ago
Posted 23 minutes ago