Novelis has an immediate opening for a Regional Stores Reliability Leader. In this role, you would report to the Senior Manager of Reliability, for Novelis North America (NNA), and be part of the Manufacturing Excellence Group. This position is a key role of the newly developed "Reliability Center of Excellence" (RCoE) and would be considered a Subject Matter Expert (SME), for the region.
In this Regional Stores position, you will be responsible for bringing key processes, at each of the plant storerooms, up to Global standards and helping to protect Critical Spare parts. To achieve these goals you will be required to coach and develop plant leadership as well as managing regional plant programs. With Novelis' Focused 5 goals highlighting reduction of "losses", you will also be working with the plants and WCM leaders, regionally and locally, to find and minimize waste and help optimize Storerooms using the 6S (5S+Safety) Process.
As this role has regional responsibility, you will be expected to travel to many of the 16 different plant locations, on a regular basis. This means that 40% to 60% of the time you could be on the road. However, considerations will be made for a good "work-life" balance. As part of this, good coordination and regular communications with each of the plant leaders will be a key part of your responsibilities, and could also be performed virtually.
At Novelis, our people are our greatest asset! We embrace diversity to see real world problems, through various lenses, and make break-through technology possible. Our family-oriented atmosphere encourages and enables employees and their families to give back to their communities through numerous volunteer events. We also work with non-profit partners and local schools, towards making communities safer, and growing recycling by consumers. Novelis also supports Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education initiatives. We operate in a strong and encouraging environment, with opportunities to be part of our employee mentorship programs to guide you through your career.
Does this sound like your next opportunity? Apply today!
Responsibilities & QualificationsRequired Qualifications
- Drive improvements that promote Novelis' Focused 5 goals, with specific attention to Safety, Operational Excellence, Sustainability, People and Culture
- Work with Stores personnel & EMRA Leaders in each of the North American plants to ensure they are following Novelis Standard Processes and Best Practices
- Collect KPIs, Metrics and Periodic Stores reports from each of the sites to monitor progress, and ensure proper direction for improvement
- Ensure Storerooms at each location are taking proper care of Critical Spare parts, in both storage and functionality of the parts
- Work with EMRA and Stores Leaders to understand what Critical Spare parts are needed and how to determine if a part is Critical to the business, or not
- Accompany Stores Auditors during assessments at the North American sites, and facilitate development of Gap Closure plans with good completion and follow-up
- Integrate World Class Manufacturing methodologies and Stores Improvement Routes into each location's Storeroom Improvement Plans
- Support the Reliability Center of Excellence objectives and provide regular updates and communications on projects, findings, roadblocks and support needed
- Facilitate good support to the EMRA Leaders, by working with the Stores Personnel to understand Reliability practices and processes, like RCA corrective actions
- Work with Procurement as a Liaison for Stores to help keep open communication between the groups, and understand how to remove barriers that promote Reliability
- High School diploma/GED
- 8+ years of experience in a heavy manufacturing setting
- Experience working as a Stores Leader or helping in the Stores Area
- Demonstrate Knowledge and Expertise in areas of:
- Goods Issuing and Goods Receiving Practices
- Cycle Counting, Good Data Management & Inventory Accuracy
- Repairable Spares Process & Kitting of Parts
- Experience working with Maint/Engr Personnel & Vendors
- Use of Reliability Stores Processes & determining Criticality of Spare Parts
- Excellent Computer Skills, and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using SAP for various Stores and/or Maintenance functions
- Must be comfortable teaching, coaching and presenting to small teams, at all levels of the organization
- Speaks/Writes English fluently and Communicates effectively
Associate's or Bachelor's degree
- 12+ years of experience in an Aluminum Manufacturing setting
- Operations, Maintenance or Engineering Leadership experience
CMRP or CMRT certification (Maintenance & Reliability)
- Lean Six Sigma Belt Training/Certification (Yellow or Green Belt)
- Demonstrate Knowledge and Expertise in areas of:
- Obsolete Materials and Parts Removal
- Building Bill of Materials Lists for Equipment & Updating
- Creating Critical equipment Asset Care Plans
- Experience with various other CMMS Systems (Maximo, Oracle, etc.)
- Understanding of Stores Improvements Routes using World Class Manuf. Methodologies
- Experience working in a Corporate role, in a large corporation, with multiple sites
Novelis' Global Corporate Headquarters is located in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta Georgia and employs approximately 250 people. It is co-located with Novelis' North America regional office which employs approximately 225 people. Supporting its 24 operations worldwide Novelis' corporate office is home to the executive leadership team and global functions that support the automotive beverage can and high-end specialties value streams. The City of Atlanta provides a diverse and family-friendly place to live with countless museums cultural organizations and educational institutions including the Georgia Aquarium Woodruff Arts Center CNN Center Georgia Tech and Mercedes-Benz Stadium. In the Atlanta area Novelis has strong community partnerships with Atlanta Habitat for Humanity GeorgiaFIRST and Agape Youth and Family Center in addition to many local museums and community groups. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.