Plant Name: Oak Brook Executive Office - 105053
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies- BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS-Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual to support a variety of manufacturing locations throughout the continental United States and Canada.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving cultural transformation and implementing proactive environmental, health and safety initiatives with the goal of attaining a Zero Injury Workplace and effectively protecting the natural environment that we share with our customers and neighbors. The Manager will also help ensure compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations at the local, state, provincial and federal level and interface directly with agency officials as needed.
The Regional EHS Manager will provide day-to-day EHS support to plant leadership and operating teams including coaching, teaching and training key personnel on safe operating behaviors and the design, development and implementation of effective safety and risk control programs. The position functions as a subject matter expert and consultant to internal clients towards attainment of corporate environmental, health and safety goals and objectives.
- Provide EHS leadership, support, and direction across multiple sites, establishing strong working relationships with site management teams and Joint Health & Safety Committees.
- Provide consistency in safety practices and procedures throughout the manufacturing facilities assigned. Following guidance of corporate "performance based" policies and standards, working with plant management to create location-specific programs and procedures that meet objectives.
- Conduct periodic multi-media EHS audits following corporate protocol and using the EHS Management System audit process; developing Corrective Actions/Preventative Actions (CAPAs) to address non-conformities.
- Ensure that all required environmental monitoring and reporting is completed and necessary plans maintained for the locations assigned, including storm water/SWPPP, Tier II, Form R, SPCC and RCRA and non-hazardous waste, etc.
- Work with plant personnel and JHSCs on process improvement and help track and facilitate closure of CAPAs designed to mitigate EHS hazards, reduce injury rates, prevent incidents and protect the natural environment
- Exercises the authority to stop work immediately in cases of imminent danger or other safety violations warranting such action; ensuring removal of any improper or defective equipment
- Interact with employees in all functions and levels, subcontractors, outside vendors and other non-Mauser Packaging Solutions contacts to continuously drive EHS initiatives and ensure compliance with applicable regulations and company policy.
- Ensure recordkeeping and data integrity; provide accurate reporting and metrics to support business initiatives and corporate requirements
- Work with plant leadership and JHSC to ensure that all accidents, injuries, near misses, and other incidents are properly investigated in a timely manner, regardless of severity, to identify and effective eliminate root cause.
- Identify, evaluate and track accident and injury trends for the locations/areas assigned, offering practical recommendations for corrective action.
- Ensure EHS training and education programs including new hire orientation, tool box and regulatory training are effective and conducted on time
- Support the plant in achieving favorable scores on the EHS Balanced Scorecard by driving leading indicator activities and measures
- Bachelor's degree or 5+ years Safety Management experience in a Transportation, Distribution or Logistics environment.
- Extensive understanding of regulatory requirements related to the FMCSR's and OSHA as well as the ability to present training in a group environment.
- Valid Drivers' license and reliable transportation with ability to use air transportation as needed.
- 50%+ travel within the assigned Region as well as additional locations as required.
- Understanding of commercial motor vehicle operations and maintenance requirements.