Who are we?
Marsh McLennan is a global professional services firm with two operating segments, Risk and Insurance Services and Consulting, comprising four major businesses, each a global leader in its field (Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman).
Today we are expanding our efforts to lead the change, with RISE (racial inclusion and social equity), a first-of-its-kind global MBA fellowship, launched by Marsh McLennan in partnership with Fisk University and the National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA). Our aim is to foster a new generation of executives who will be fluent in the intersection of business and social justice, helping to make our industry more equitable, with Marsh McLennan as the gold standard for inclusive leadership.
What is RISE?
RISE will welcome Black second-year MBA students and recent graduates, primarily in the US, Canada and UK, to Marsh McLennan and Fisk University, providing them with practical experience tackling client challenges and supporting their growth as change makers for greater equality and inclusion.
Why join our graduate program?
- Participate in an immersive social justice program through the John Lewis Center for Social Justice at Fisk University, one of the nation's oldest historically Black colleges;
- Be embedded in Marsh McLennan business teams to gain first-hand knowledge of the client and industries we serve;
- Receive mentorship and lessons in leadership from Marsh McLennan executives and NBMBAA leaders; and
- Complete an assessment of their observations and how they envision embedding social justice into their business careers.
The Racial Inclusion and Social Equity (RISE) Fellowship
program is an innovative partnership between Marsh McLennan, Fisk University and the National Black MBA Association, which will provide you with an enriching curriculum of practical business knowledge and social justice instruction. Throughout the 8-month rotational program, you will attend workshops focused on leadership development and social justice instruction. You will get hands on training in your area of discipline. Our Fellowship Program is tailored to consider your previous educational background, as well as your interests and ambitions. Your wellbeing is important to us, and you will be provided with a range of initiatives and activities that support your wellness.
What can you expect?
- Build a strong foundation in social justice and risk, strategy and people issues
- Research to obtain understanding of businesses within Marsh McLennan
- Work closely with managers, coaches and sponsor to further develop business acumen and leadership competencies.
- Summarize research and client information
- Present a business challenge that involves a current or new project
- Identify risks associated with businesses or projects
- Understand consulting methodologies and tools
- Perform basic numerical computations and analyze financial data
- Successful completion of fellowship places you at the top of the consideration for full time placement
Our hiring criteria:
The first fellowship cohort will join us in September 2021.
- Minimum of one year completed in your MBA program or have graduated with an MBA
- Involvement with extra-curricular activities such as volunteering, sporting teams and/or community initiatives is a plus
- Work experience is not required
- Must identify as Black, African American, Afro Latinx, Afro Caribbean
- Recommendations from mentors, professors, coaches is a plus
At the completion of the program in May, fellows will be under consideration for full-time career placement opportunities with Marsh McLennan, our clients or other business partners.
Our application process can be modified to meet your specific needs, so please let us know if you require support.