The Lasko Quality Manager is responsible for assuring product quality within a manufacturing plant by providing leadership to maintain and improve the quality systems as prescribed by the Division and the corporate standards. Duties will include management of change control, data collection schemes, test methods & equipment, standard instructions, audits and other routine quality systems areas. The Quality Manager also must direct the activities of quality staff and audit team members. Other duties include training plant personnel in quality processes; facilitating improvement teams and managing compliance to specifications. This is a hands-on plant floor position located in West Chester, PA.
Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Work directly with the Corporate Quality Director and plant management to define and implement quality objectives including KPI’s that align with corporate initiatives.
- Directly manage the daily activities of 6 Quality employees.
- Interpret Engineering specifications into Quality requirements on the plant floor
- Manage supplier quality through incoming inspection and interaction with suppliers on quality issues, occasionally may require visits to suppliers.
- Lead and organize formal/informal problem solving in areas of scrap, process capability, warranty, etc. Provide training in quality systems and related areas such as APQP, BOS, Problem Solving, Statistical Process Control, Gage R&R and DOE.
- Work with the manufacturing department to implement quality requirements in assembly and component manufacturing.
- Manage the testing and auditing of components and finished products.
- Implement nonconforming material processes and lead Material Review Board (MRB) meetings.
- Partner with Engineering and Manufacturing early in the design stage in order to build quality into the product design and manufacturing process. Participate in failure mode effects analysis (FMEA) as required.
- Track quality issues and trends, report information to plant management and Corporate Quality.
- Provide risk assessment to Plant Manager, Business Unit and Director of Corp Quality on product design/quality issues and lead the necessary corrective actions through closure.
- Coordinate daily inspection and testing of components and products.
- Implement customer specific quality requirements in the manufacturing of components and products.
- Assist Lasko customer service to investigate customer quality issues.
- Interact with customers to solve field Quality issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Related Field
- 5-7 Years of Experience in quality leadership for a manufacturing facility
- Experience with ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- Experience with PPAP, APQP, FMEA, and structured problems solving tools such as 8D or DMAIC.
- Practical knowledge of statistical tools and variance reduction
- Experience with Scrap reduction
- Expertise in Quality Management Systems
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt prefer
- Strong ability to develop talent
Office environment is a controlled atmosphere building, as well as manufacturing environment exposed to dust, odors, and noise.
We offer a competitive starting wage plus a comprehensive benefit package including:
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Dental & vision plans
- Company paid life insurance
- Telemedicine program
- Voluntary additional life
- Tuition reimbursement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This job has expired.