- Support the BPD process for responsible department (review on a regular basis, provide input on metrics measurement and BPD initiatives)
- Respond and investigate line calls; perform 4 diamonds as required
- Collaborate with manufacturing, SQ and GSC group leaders, team leaders, and/or team members to ensure proper containment
- Respond to Flexnet calls, coach TL/GL on usage
- Review GSIP on regular bases
- Work with cross-functional team to implement containment and corrective action
- Respond to PRTS/SPPS issued to the plant related to manufacturing quality issues
- Work on top FTQ issues with manufacturing to improve IPPM
- Review non-conforming parts for proper scrap disposition
- Review PPAP package for approval
- Review FMEA & Control Plan
- Utilize QS-stat to review Process Capability & gauge R&R data
- Process change review and approval using PFCM
- Engineering Degree or equivalent experience required
- Understanding of manufacturing and assembly plant processes
- Proficient in print reading and interpretation and part measurement
- Previous Manufacturing experience as a Quality Engineer, Supplier Quality or Process engineer.
- Strong understanding of Quality Processes and Global Manufacturing System
- Experience with PRTS, SPPS, Flexnet & GSIP preferred
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.