We have a current opening in our quality organization located at our Milford manufacturing facility. Position will encompass both quality control and quality assurance functions in the lab as well as on the manufacturing floor. This role works to support the Quality Manager and Plant Management in assuring the overall quality of the site. The position reports to the site Quality Manager.
Required Knowledge & Desired Skills
- Perform quality control testing in laboratory as a backup to lab techs to ensure proper coverage during vacations and personal days. This may require working a different shift time in order to support manufacturing. Advance notice will be provided when off-shift coverage is needed.
- Participate and/or lead Quality Investigations of manufacturing incidents and perform Root cause analysis
- Oversee batches on manufacturing floor as part of Root cause analysis or product development initiatives
- Implement quality systems such as Quality management review process, GEMBA walks, Internal Audits, documentation processes, plant hygiene, training
- Perform testing and data analysis to implement continuous improvement strategies
- Perform Internal Audits on floor and participate in Gemba walks
- Assist quality manager with day-to-day quality activities such as batch ticket review or SAP data entry
- Report quality incidents into Intelex software or Deviation requests into SAP software system.
- Track and Report key quality KPI’s
- Perform training activities to support quality functions as needed
- Lead independent projects to optimize lab efficiencies or other quality functions
- Collaborate with Manufacturing team, Product Development teams, and Corporate quality team to resolve quality issues and ensure quality product is released in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as required
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering related discipline.
- Minimum 1 year working in a quality control lab or quality assurance function of a manufacturing plant such as chemicals, paint, cosmetics
- Knowledge and experience with quality systems and statistical analysis tools
- Ability to work in a team environment and the willingness to be cross-functional and flexible to change duties.
- Willingness to cover an offshift when vacations and personal times within the lab arise. Potential to cover 2nd or 3rd shift with advance notice.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Excellent computer skills for data analysis, presentations utilizing Microsoft office suite
- Good organizational and record keeping skills
- Ability to work safely and follow company procedures. Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment when required such as hard hats, safety glasses, respirator.
- Good interpersonal communication skills
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and successful business. We are committed to driving change within our organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness, Integrity, Community, Excellence and Safety. Our Social Impact programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion here at Benjamin Moore.
At Benjamin Moore & Co, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive because it benefits our employees, our products, and our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Benjamin Moore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program
Benjamin Moore provides Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program to support eligible active employees who graduated from an accredited post-secondary educational institution. The Repayment Program is intended to contribute to reducing employee’s student loans. The Company follows all rules and regulations concerning the taxability of student loan repayments provided under applicable law.Company Profile Click here to see how you can paint your future!
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success, and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.Safety
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.
This job has expired.