Why Badger Meter?
Are you looking to join a dynamic team where you have the autonomy and challenge that lets you learn and grow your career? Are you energized when you know that your contributions matter and make a difference in business success? If yes, then Badger Meter may be a great place for you!
For more than 115 years, Badger Meter has provided strong, stable financial growth, in turn providing employees with the opportunity to build long, successful careers. As a leading manufacturer of flow measurement technology, Badger Meter offers many opportunities to measure what matters in protecting the world's water and other precious resources. Our company is large enough to continually drive market innovation, all while we maintain a collaborative and flexible working atmosphere.
What You Will Contribute:
The Quality Control Technician tests and inspects electronic and mechanical products at various stages of the production process, and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain the quality and reliability of products by performing the duties below. The main responsibilities of this position are:
- Oversee receiving inspection to effectively meet the needs of divisional production departments with the inspection of received goods in an accurate and timely manner.
- Select products for tests at specific stages in the production process (1st piece inspection, in process control, find control, product test) for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, mechanical, electrical, chemical, aesthetic, and functions.
- Record inspection test data; apply statistical quality control and CPK analysis.
- Evaluate data of the received goods and write reports to validate and/or indicate deviations from existing prints and/or standards.
- Recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Set up and perform destructive and nondestructive test on materials, parts or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
- Maintain non-conforming material review and Supplier Corrective Action data to ensure prompt and accurate deposition of non-conforming material and documentation of supplier discrepancies.
- Consult, advice, and train production employees to ensure quality work instructions and system procedures are understood, followed and properly documented.
- Processes internal corrective actions from manufacturing and assembly departments.
- Associates degree or technical training required
- 3-5 years of inspection experience measuring with micrometers, calipers, tape measure
- Experience with Optical comparator, CMM, PC-DMIS, SPC, GD&T, Farro Arm are a plus
Badger Meter is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights regarding equal opportunity in employment by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and the "EEO is the Law" poster supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm