Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organization services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialized and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralized and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries.
Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins Environment Testing Northeast, LLCis searching for a Quality Assurance (QA) Specialistin Buffalo, NY.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Specialistis responsible for assisting inperforming data audits, special audits, assisting with external and systems audits, overseeing the maintenance of QC records, certifications, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), training records, Demonstrations of Capability (DOCs), arranging and managing proficiency testing (PT) samples. Additional responsibilities may include assisting with systematic problems within the laboratory, assisting in reviewing Quality Assurance Project Plans, and technical and QC specifications in contracts and proposals and other responsibilities as assigned.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Specialistresponsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Assist in performing data audits.
- Assist in performing special audits as deemed necessary by data audits, cline inquiries, etc.
- Assist in conducting and responding to external audits conducted by clients and regulatory agencies
- Assist in reviewing Quality Assurance Project Plans, and technical and QC specifications in contracts and proposals.
- Maintain all necessary laboratory certifications.
- Arrange and manage scheduling, ordering, login, and reporting of PT samples.
- Monitor new regulations and communicate them to the laboratory
- Review laboratory SOPs. Write SOPs as needed.
- Maintain historical indices of technical records including SOPs, QC records, laboratory data, etc.
- Assist in and monitor laboratory's compliance with the reference methods, SOPs, and agency specific requirements.
- Maintain training records, including Demonstrations of Capability (DOCs) for all analysts.
- Assist in identification of systematic problems within laboratory. Recommend resolutions for ongoing or recurring nonconformance.
- Ensure tracking of customer complaints, provide statistical feedback to the laboratory, and assist in identifying improvements.
- Oversee and review MDL studies.
- Ensure control charts are generated; oversee and approve setting of control limits. Oversee generation of control charts, control limits, and updates of reference tables.
- Perform or arrange for calibration of laboratory support equipment which may include balances, weights, and thermometers.
QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications:
- Environmental methodologies
- General environmental regulatory requirements
- Analytical laboratory techniques
- Laboratory QA requirements
- Statistical principles
- Knowledge of computers
- Strong communication skills
- Technical and business writing skills
- Organizational skills
- Management skills
- Computer skills and databases
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of organization, as well as with clients and outside agencies
- Ability to analyze problems and effect solutions
- BS/BA in Chemistry or related field; or minimum of 5 years experience with clients or in the QA function
- Minimum 3 years bench level analytical experience including basic QA principle and concepts
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Buffalo, NYare encouraged to apply.Additional Information
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k)with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
Eurofins offers international opportunities to strong performers.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Governmentvaccination mandates may apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employmentEurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in the US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates may apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants may be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment. In addition, certain positions require travel for which vaccination is required in accordance with Eurofins policy.
This job has expired.