At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
The Quality Assurance Manager in Franklin WI will be a key stakeholder for a new 340,000 square foot conversion facility that is slated to open in 2023 and will play an integral part of Saputo's strategy to optimize its cheese network in North America. Saputo has a strong history in Wisconsin and are proud to be expanding our footprint in this area
The Quality Manager is responsible for safeguarding product safety and quality while meeting company and regulatory standards. In this role, you will have oversight responsibility for a continuous quality improvement program that includes quality control and quality assurance. This person is responsible for ensuring that the production and distribution of products meets or exceeds all quality standards, communicating quality results and the transfer of quality and QA knowledge to the workforce.
How You Will Make Contributions That Matter
You are best suited for the role if you...
- Manages the operation of the plant laboratory, including ensuring supplies and equipment are available.
- Ensures product safety, regulatory compliance, and compliance with company standards as stated in the Quality Assurance Manual, Laboratory Manual, and Company directives.
- Drives Continuous Improvement efforts in product quality/performance and process optimization.
- Provides leadership in coaching, education and training of management staff and plant employees for Quality Assurance; seeks assistance as needed from other Saputo training resources.
- Oversee quality control systems to include hold programs and traceability exercises; lab procedures; food safety programs, including FMSA compliance; product functionality evaluations; process verification programs; internal and external audits, and environmental microbiological monitoring programs.
- Review and maintain all quality control test results. Evaluate analytical testing results and disposition of finished product to ensure customer specifications are met.
- Reviews all product labels used in the facility and ensures adherence to regulatory and Company standards.
- Maintains or ensures the maintenance of the Saputo Nutritional Database System for the facility.
- Ensures adherence to appropriate regulations and Company standards for raw milk quality.
Supervises the appropriate chemical, bacteriological, sensory, antibiotic and utilization tests on raw materials and pasteurized products.
- Communicates quality metric and inspection results to appropriate managers and others in leadership positions including, but not limited to daily, weekly, or monthly KPI reporting.
- Ensures that proper sanitation procedures are utilized and that adequate sanitation tests are performed; provides "troubleshooting" efforts in the event of sanitation system failure.
- Act as the liaison for local, state, customer/third party, and federal audits and inspections.
- Is responsible for expense management and control, including labor and "Cost of Quality" utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Ensures adherence to all contract packaging quality requirements.
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Ensure consistent application of company policies and procedures. Support employee progressive disciplinary action activities in partnership with Human Resources.
We support and care for our employees by providing them with...
- have at least 5 years hands-on manufacturing experience in the dairy or food industry operations, with a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- have a bachelor's degree in a science-based area of study and a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- have knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, including having a working knowledge of sanitation systems, techniques, and procedures.
- have strong people leadership skills, including team development and coaching.
- can define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- understand cost containment and budgetary principles.
- can work flexible hours, including weekends, in support of plant operations.
- are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- development opportunities that enhance their career fulfillment.
- meaningful compensation & benefits that help them care for their families.
- opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products.
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).
This job has expired.