MV Transportation is seeking a Qualifications Specialist who is responsible working directly with divisions, applicants and vendors to ensure that all employees have properly completed the pre-employment qualifications process prior to beginning work.
Position is located in Elk Horn, Iowa.
- Front-line contact with applicants and divisional personnel to collect all necessary documentation for pre-employment processing
- Work directly with vendors to ensure proper background check packets are ordered based on position, company, state, and/or contractual requirements
- Review new hire qualification packets to ensure all applicable qualification standards are met with regards to drug testing, criminal background, driving history, DOT prior employment checks, and physicals
- Manage pre-adverse (individualized assessment) process for applicants who have potentially disqualifying criminal history
- Monitor status of background checks, physicals, and drug screens to ensure that pending items are communicated and resolved in a timely manner
- Communicate daily status reports on open/pending applicants with divisions
- Partner with HR to generate ID numbers as employees are cleared for duty
- Generate SAP (substance abuse professional) referral letters for all positive pre-employment drug tests
- Be capable of working in a fast-paced environment with an eye for detail
- Must have strong organizational and time-management skills
- Adhere to MV policies and processes
- Provide on-site assistance for start-ups as needed (0-10% travel)
- Qualifications experience a plus
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.