Bridger is a high profile regulatory compliance product within LN: a key product for our international market. Bridger product performs screening of billions of customer accounts on a monthly basis; performance and stability are the key! The environment is very fast paced, the candidate must be a very fast learner and be able to quickly adapt to the changes. Duties will range from people management, technical management, to developing new product enhancements, troubleshooting and maintenance.
The Manager of Quality Engineering is a leadership position responsible for managing a QA/Test team within a defined area of responsibility. This position works with other management, plans cross-functional efforts, implements quality and process standards, and provides the team with leadership and day-to-day management to accomplish on-time and efficient delivery of high-quality software products and/or data. The position has direct reports.
- 10+ years of Quality Test Engineering experience
- 2+ years of management responsibility
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred
- Passionate collaborator with a focus on what is best for the team
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Strong and enthusiastic technologist, able to demonstrate broad technical knowledge and application of this to create scalable solutions
- Development skills in a modern programming language such as PHP, Java, C#, C++, Python, Go
- Good awareness of agile development values
- Good understanding of CI/CD
- Familiarity with cloud technologies like Azure/AWS
- Familiarity with DevOps/DevSecOps methodologies, CI/CD implementation
- Good knowledge of containerization and familiarity with setup and usage of Docker
- Experience with building UI automation frameworks using Selenium WebDriver with any modern programming language like Java/C#/Python
- Experience with Web Services testing using tools like ReadyAPI/Postman
- Advanced SQL knowledge (MySQL & SQL Server)
- Experience with Git source control
- Good knowledge of Performance testing using tools like Load Runner/Jmeter
- Good knowledge of Software Security and usage of SAST and DAST tools
- Familiarity with parsing and understanding of log files (IIS, Application, Event Viewer, etc.). Experience with ELK is a big plus.
- Basic Windows Server Administration and working with Windows Services
- Working knowledge of a scripting language like Python/Perl/PHP would be a plus
- Prior development experience with C# .NET and the MVC framework would be a big plus
- Knowledge of Unit Test frameworks like xUnit/nUnit/jUnit would be a plus
- Advanced understanding of QA methodologies and QA testing
- Advanced knowledge of process improvements and demonstrated experience with implementing them
- Advanced knowledge of the software development process
- Strong knowledge of the Web MVC software architecture and software system architecture in general
- Advanced knowledge of industry best practices and trends in development and testing software
- Advanced research and troubleshooting skills (tools/root cause analysis)
- Solid knowledge of SCRUM development methodology
- Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources
- Must be a team player and work well with the current team
- Proven ability to develop and execute complex automated and performance testing
- Proven ability to work within established budgets
- Exhibits innovative approaches to process improvements
- Ability to oversee the administration of testing tools/environments
- Ability to lead small to medium-sized teams
- Ability to balance deployment of resources within group as necessary to support priorities
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Fast Learner
- Remain positive in difficult/stressful situations
- Motivated for career growth
- Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others.
- Strong organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and strong delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity.
- Advanced problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
- Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc., including diction/terminology and presenting information in a concise and effective manner to clients, management, and various departments using assorted communication mediums.
- Lead Quality Assurance/Testing for a defined area of responsibility to successfully and consistently deliver high-quality software products and services on time, on budget, and to specification
- Interact with Product Management, Project Management, Engineering, and Operations teams to plan delivery of products and enhancements and to assure products meet requirements and quality standards
- Contribute to the strong design of new features and solutions
- Guide development and delivery of features across the full stack - including use of cloud services, modern frameworks, front-end frameworks, and other tools
- Research available tools and participate in initiatives to implement those that will cost-effectively enhance testing capabilities and product quality
- Implement processes that enable efficient delivery and maintenance
- Balance deployment of resources within group as necessary to support priorities
- Identify opportunities for automation or other utilities and work within the framework of the QA/Test team to fulfill these needs
- Implement and cooperate in the enhancement of the methodologies employed for test planning and execution, defect tracking, and metric and status reporting
- Manage continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices
- Identify areas for cooperation and, with peers or others, implement initiatives improving overall capability and efficiency
- Lead or participate in initiatives to identify and implement tools and utilities that enhance testing capabilities and product quality
- Work with QA/Testing staff. project managers, technical leads, and subject matter experts to plan and execute automated and performance tests
- Ensure that testing addresses requirements as agreed with other stakeholders
- Work with architects, developers, and network and system engineers to research and identify root causes of performance issues
- Serve as subject matter expert in the configuration, maintenance, and/or administration of testing tools or environments
- Suggest process improvements that enable efficient delivery and maintenance with consistent direction
- Maintain flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet the needs of the business
- Report issues and results, researching and identifying root causes as appropriate, documenting accordingly
- Maintain awareness of the state of the industry and evaluate emerging trends/developments that may benefit the organization
- Conduct project reviews, ensuring review criteria are defined, and implement procedures for ensuring quality control or project deliverables
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure all staff is provided with training and resources needed to perform their jobs to the most outstanding degree possible. Ensure all staff is provided with frequent feedback and coaching in order to meet and exceed individual and team performance goals consistently.
- Manage and encourage new ideas from staff to foster improvements through innovations
- Maintain framework for record retention in order to support internal and external IT audits
- Empower the staff to be accountable and responsible for their own actions and decisions
- All other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.