Schedule: Part Time 24 hours. Sundays 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Mondays 8:30 am - 12:30 pm, Fridays and Saturdays 8:30 am - 5:00 pm,
The occupational therapist (part-time) supports the mission, vision and values of Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital's psychiatric service by providing direct patient care along with collaboration with other team members in order to facilitate department function and restore adult and adolescent patients to their highest level of independent functioning. The occupational therapist will provide part-time coverage primarily on the inpatient psychiatric unit.
- Evaluates patient's cognitive, interpersonal, ADL, work, leisure and perceptual motor skills.
- Plans a treatment program based on the results of the assessment that includes goals and objectives and includes this plan on the interdisciplinary treatment and education plan.
- Provides didactic programming and learning aids as needed.
- Provides a variety of groups to promote function in all aspects of daily living.
- Provides groups that meet the needs of a wide range of ages and abilities.
- Documents initial assessment of patients function when condition allows for assessment.
- Documents progress of patients in group notes.
- Participates in needs assessment throughout the year to assure quality patient care.
- Develops programming to address ongoing needs / trends.
- Maintains open communication with clinical supervisor of occupational therapy for psychiatry to exchange pertinent information, receive supervision and facilitate department functioning.
- Attends clinical rounds on psychiatric service 2 times per week at which OT group reports are presented. On weekend, consults with nursing staff to coordinate patient care.
- Assists clinical supervisor in maintenance of inventory by organizing supplies, determining priorities and ordering on a timely basis according to budgetary constraints.
- Once occupational therapist has completed 1 year of clinical work, participates in orientation and supervision of OT students on Level I and Level II Fieldwork placements.
About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. If you're looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.Qualifications
- Previous experience providing OT services in psychiatry is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience is preferred.
- Requires ability to lead a wide variety of groups - didactic, functional, expressive
- Requires ability to complete functional evaluations including standardized evaluation - ACLS, KELS, Sensory Profile, Kitchen Task Assessment
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills are needed - using discussion, writing and computer
- Supervisory skills are needed in order to assist with OT students
- Requires competency working with adult, geriatric and adolescent populations
- The ability to work independently on a busy psychiatric unit is necessary.
- This position requires a minimum of a BS in Occupational Therapy.
- A current OT license in the state of MA is required.
- BLS Health Care Provider Certificate.
- Certification by the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapy is preferred.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
This job has expired.