Do you have a track record of identifying solutions to complex problems? Do you thrive in an environment where you are helping others? Do you have experience with X-Ray systems? If so, then read on!
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Engineer to join our dynamic team responsible for operating and maintaining our proton therapy site. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable and professionally polished in aspects of electrical, mechanical, and industrial engineering. In addition, IBA looks for candidates that possess a logical approach to problem solving, a desire to work with their hands, and are at their best under pressure. Previous experience with medical imaging technology is a plus.
What Your Day Is Like:
Profile What you need to qualify for this position:
- Operate the Proton Therapy System (PTS) for various customer needs, which will include but not be limited to: Patient Treatment, Patient Specific QA, Development, Software Testing, Troubleshooting, and Experimentation.
- Troubleshoot PTS equipment including electrical, mechanical, and software problems.
- Maintenance of the PTS including but not limited to routine preventative maintenance, system upgrades, and corrective maintenance as necessary.
- Perform system inspections and clearly communicate the status of the system to the customer as well as to IBA employees.
- Provide support to PTS Hardware and Software testing as well as new developments.
- Support daily clinical operations for the customer clinical staff as defined by the site manager and in accordance with site policies.
- Maintain adequate records as defined by the customer and site manager in accordance with company QA and FDA regulations.
- Support the PTS in all phases, which will include but not be limited to: unit testing, integration testing, validation testing and other various site related activities as the site manager defines them.
Company Who are we?
- BS in Engineering (or other equivalent field or relevant work experience).
- Experience in electronics/electrical system troubleshooting required.
- Candidate must have experience in several of the following fields: Proton Therapy, Cyclotrons, Electronics, Mechanical
- Systems, Software Analysis, X-Ray Systems, Positioning Equipment, Cooling Systems, Vacuum Systems, PLC's (Siemens), Regulation Loops, Drivers, Sensors, Electric Motors, High Voltage Equipment, Power Supplies, etc.
- Electrical/Mechanical system repair, maintenance, and operations of large integrated systems is a plus.
- Experience in LEAN maintenance and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) is a plus.
- General Knowledge of Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, Access, Outlook etc. are a must.
- Basic knowledge of LINUX systems, SAP, Siemens Step 7, and Service Max is a plus.
- Rotating shift work including nights and weekends and occasionally overtime is required
- Good manual dexterity and ability to work with tools.
- Ability to lift >50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to safely work at heights of up to 30ft with a safety harness on occasion.
- Occupational exposure to radiation, live electrical work, working at heights, handling hazardous materials, and other occupational hazards pertaining to the maintenance of the Proton Therapy System.
- This position may be subject to special inoculation and immunization requirements as a condition of employment for working in a health care setting. You may be required to obtain appropriate immunization against communicable diseases, which may include hepatitis B, tuberculosis, influenza, measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis, varicella, and COVID-19 vaccination, as required by customers. However, IBA will consider accommodations for disabilities and religious-based reasons.
- Work with high voltage equipment and magnetic fields.
- Training is offered that can involve off site overnight travel during your first 3 months
- Work onsite with less than 10% travel per year (after initial training).
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA's Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.Sustainability commitment
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet's health.
"Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote 'business as a force for good', balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability."
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out ourto find out more!Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new Offer
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBAoffers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects;top class courses
- Evolving in afriendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being arekey to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.
This job has expired.