AmTrust Financial Services, a fast-growing commercial insurance company, is seeking a Property Claim Technical Field Inspector / Adjuster to respond to the needs of our customers. As part of the Property line of business, the Property Claim Technical Field Inspector / Adjuster is responsible for investigating, evaluating, and estimating damages to ensure accuracy on business insurance claims of moderate to high severity and complexity.
- Physically inspect, document, and estimate damage to businesses that have suffered a loss.
- Use estimating software to determine appropriate settlement amounts and to validate third party estimates/invoices.
- Work with multiple constituents, i.e., contractors or insured's representatives.
- Ability to recognize when to refer claims to Special Investigations, Subrogation and/or Complex Claim Units.
- Adhere to all statutory and regulatory fair claims practices.
- Establish and maintain rapport with business partners including insureds, agents, and underwriters.
- Performs other functional duties as requested or required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Valid driver's license
- Reliable automobile
- 2+ years of experience handling commercial field property claims with elements of complexity/severity
- Proficient knowledge of property estimating software
- Ability to obtain adjuster licenses as needed
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- CAT Duty-This position will require participation in our Catastrophe Response Program, which could include deployments away from assigned territory to assist our customers in other states for extended periods
- This position requires the individual to access and inspect all areas of a structure, which is physically demanding and may require the ability to carry, set up and climb a ladder, walk on roofs, and enter tight spaces.
- Advanced knowledge of Xactimate estimating system
- Prior experience adjusting property claims using virtual technologies
- Currently hold P&C adjusters license(s)
- Easily adapts to new or changing situations, requirements, or priorities
This job has expired.