This position provides Project and Initiative leadership for Reusable Underwear and Garments in the Design Control Team in Global Research & Engineering. This staff position is located in Neenah, WI. The incumbent is responsible for leading projects of significant technical scope (sometimes simultaneously) including product development, materials development, and involves collaboration, coordination, and leadership with other functional team members (Marketing, Finance, Product Supply, Engineering, and Materials, etc.). The position will support innovation programs, supply continuity, and cost saving programs across multiple regions. The incumbent reports to the Design Control Team R&E Senior Manager.
Research Scientists, Product Supply, Quality/Regulatory/Product Safety, Product Developers and Engineers within Global Sector teams, Global Technology teams, regional development teams, and external partner teams.
- Provide project/product leadership for Adult and Feminine Care Reusable Garments programs of significant technical scope and complexity across multiple regions in technical leadership and BU leadership
- Carries out assigned fast paced projects in a timely, diligent, and professional manner, within defined scope, schedule, and resource authorization
- Employs innovative approaches to solve problems and leverage creative thinking to define new technical approaches
- Lead through influence a team of 8-15 R&E and cross functional project team members and also be able to drive efforts individually
- Be visible and approachable to coach and inspire others. Excel at mentoring and developing of a strong, diverse technical organization. Be a LEAN teacher. Proactively manage technical and material development of team members, leverage project assignment for growth.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve and to achieve desired business results
- Leads efforts to coordinate and execute Reusable Garments innovation growth projects across Adult and Feminine Care business.
- Carries out all work ensuring effective Safety and Quality attitudes and practices
- Seeks, recognizes, defines and solves problems/opportunities to support Reusable Garments innovation portfolio objectives
- Supports LEAN principles, 4-Step Problem solving sessions, and rapid learning cycles
- Manages self in accordance with K-C Ways of Working and Culture of Accountability
- Continued learning and coaching of peers in the FDA regulated Class I product development space
- Ensure all projects are following design control procedure for class I medical device and bringing projects to design control governance leadership team for approval
- Determine and succinctly communicate status of projects via e-mail, project updates, and Management reviews
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in a scientific or engineering field with continuing self-development
- 8+ years of experience in project leadership and product development roles
- Experience in developing reusable and/or textile products in reusable personal care products space.
- Willing to travel globally up to ~50%.
- Ability to work across global time zones
- Ability to work as part of a team while providing task and strategic oriented direction to others in order to complete projects within required timeframes
- Demonstrated 5+ years project/product/leadership skills providing work direction to a multi-functional team including internal and external resources
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through training and mentorship
- R&E project/product leadership experience 7+ years
- Experience leading and developing projects/products with FDA Class I and Class II Medical devices.
- Personal Care consumer product experience.
- Experience with Process Validation, Design Control, Material Qualification and Risk Management.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS/SCOPE: Inclusive budget responsibilities/ region/business/enterprise etc
This job has expired.
- # of direct reports: 0-2, coaching of team members
- R&E budget: $500,000 - $1.25 million
- Capital budget: $1 - $5 million