SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Project Coordinator, you will coordinateprojects, multiple laboratory operational activities, and act as the point of contact between operations and internal and external clients. Performs analysis of test results, as obtained by specific methodologies and techniques. Responsible for recording, reviewing, and reporting data.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate execution of SGS testing and other services with local labs and global affiliates including sample processing.
- Do contract review for daily incoming job
- Create job orders form and job folder for every incoming job
- Performs job ticket review and monitors closing and invoicing of jobs folders.
- Maintain tracking spreadsheets and email correspondence.
- Coordinates projects and performs data collection.
- Provides support to all staff members of the department, including training where appropriate.
- Support Operations efforts with Sales, Technical and other departments
- May communicate with clients regarding time performance or problems encountered in the particular analysis
- Assists in calibration scheduling and other ISO 17025 related activities, if necessary
- Prepare specimens for use in testing, following standardized procedures, if necessary
- Tests and analyzes samples to determine performance properties as well as other characteristics in the case of low season
- Uses and operates any equipment or test apparatus in the laboratory, with appropriate training. Also assists in maintenance and troubleshooting of testing equipment, in case of low season
- Read, comprehend and execute new test methods/standards capability added to the department operation
- Sets up laboratory equipment and/or instrumentation required for the analysis of samples in accordance with AATCC, ASTM, FTC, CFR, ISO, and other procedures from state and local municipalities, client proprietary procedures, and other non-routine procedures
- Assist in keeping inventory of laboratory chemicals and equipment necessary for the day-to-day functioning of the laboratory and in compiling a list of supplies to be ordered when needed
- Periodic analysis of known standards and/or samples relative to various areas of testing are employed both as a means of method validation and analytical proficiency. The results of the analyses are recorded in the individual's training record
- Other projects and tasks/duties may also be assigned
- Provide administrative and special lab performance support as assigned for overall department management activities
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant SBU scientific field
- 2-3 years laboratory experience, orequivalent education and experience
- Language Skills: Advanced written and spoken English
- Mathematical Skills: Intermediate
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate
- Computer Skills: Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite preferred, particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Ability to work independently under general supervision
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to follow directions ensuring the end results are accurate and completed with the required timeframe
- Ability to read and understand documents such as test procedures, literature references, safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and manuals
- Ability to write in a conventional, professional, and scientific manner in preparing routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of the organization