Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Program Associate to join the Measurement & Evidence for Learning & Impact (MELI) team within the Technical Excellence, Learning, Innovation & Impact (TELII) Office. This position may be based at either U.S. Headquarters location.
The role of this position will be to provide support to the MELI Team, in the following areas: (1) Administrative support, communication & coordination; (2) MELI program and technical support; and (3) MELI related strategic planning. The Program Associate, MELI ensures that all functions related to M&E, measurement, research, mobile technologies, data analysis and use, knowledge management and applied learning are appropriately supported and efficiencies maximized through effective communication, coordination, and collaboration.
Administrative support, communication & coordination:
Programmatic and technical support to new and existing programs:
- Schedule, organize and coordinate ongoing and ad hoc meetings for the functional integrated MELI Team
- Serve as point person for managing tools for team communication, coordination and collaboration around team schedules, work plans, etc.
- Record & disseminate meeting notes and follow up on action items as appropriate
- Assist with administrative procedures related to travel for the units [as needed]
- Coordinate logistics for retreats, trainings, events, and other planned activities by the units
- Administer procurement and contract management processes for consultants and professional services utilized by the units (e.g. consultants for baselines, midterm and final evaluations, database consultants, technical consultants, etc.)
- Serve as units' point person for various organizational systems (e.g. Concur, Chatter, Salesforce, etc.)
- Participate in relevant meetings and events and communicate pertinent information to the team
- Provide a range of other administrative support to the MELI Team
- Develop and coordinate an inventory of MELI related tools and templates to support Functional Integration and Strategic Planning
- Serve as point person for coordinating, updating, maintaining and planning for the integration of the team intranet site(s)
- Develop and maintain systems to track and disseminate documents and products to support MELI Goals (e.g. Learning Product tracker)
POSITION SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the documentation, preparation, review, editing, formatting, and submission of various internal and external reports, presentations & deliverables
- Coordinate and compile relevant content for technical documents, board reports, communications & marketing products
- Assist with relevant sections in proposal preparation, including literature, analysis of data, compilation of supplemental documentation needed for proposal
- Conduct literature reviews and desk research as needed
- Assist in Development Database Library (DDL) tracking and compliance; monitor project compliance in relation to DDL requirements; provide updates of regulations as needed
- Support various projects and initiatives related to M&E; measurement; research; data & knowledge management; mobile technologies; and applied learning
- Participate in organizational initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills including writing, verbal and interpersonal relations and cross-cultural communication experience required.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills, including ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Experience with computerized systems and database management strongly desired.
- Strong writing skills, including editing, and formatting
- Strong skills with graphic design, translation of data into graphics, infographics to represent data, etc.)
- Ability to take initiative, think critically, solve problems, anticipate actions, and to use creative means to complete tasks.
- Ability to work independently and effectively carry out work under pressure in a fast-paced, complex, multi-cultural work environment.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team, taking guidance and input from a variety of staff.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- A passion for the mission and values of Global Communities
- Experience and familiarity with Sharepoint or other Intranet platforms a plus.
- Understanding and experience with program and/or MERL requirements of US Government donors (i.e. USAID, USDA, PEPFAR, CDC, State Department, Department of Defense) strongly preferred
- Second language abilities in Spanish, French, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, etc. a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline or a minimum of 4 years of related work experience.
- Familiarity with international development programming
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
Global Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.