Why Badger Meter?
Are you looking to join a dynamic team where you have the autonomy and challenge that lets you learn and grow your career? Are you energized when you know that your contributions matter and make a difference in business success? If yes, then Badger Meter may be a great place for you!
For more than 115 years, Badger Meter has provided strong, stable financial growth, in turn providing employees with the opportunity to build long, successful careers. As a leading manufacturer of flow measurement technology, Badger Meter offers many opportunities to measure what matters in protecting the world's water and other precious resources. Our company is large enough to continually drive market innovation, all while we maintain a collaborative and flexible working atmosphere.
What You Will Contribute:
This third shift (11pm-7am) position is responsible for overall assembly process. We are willing to train the right person for the role! Our facility is very clean and air conditioned. General duties include building, assembling, testing, injection molding and packaging a variety of meters or meter reading technology products. Employees regularly rotate through various workstations.
Major Job Duties/Accountability:
Perform a variety of operations such as assembly of meters, leak testing, meter testing, and packaging of meter products while following safety guidelines
- Assemble products, following work instructions ensuring the highest quality products, meeting company product standards, production goals, and customer specifications and delivery requirements
- Set up and operate meter accuracy and leak test equipment to determine acceptability of product
- Operate computer to check schedules, obtain part drawings, set up work procedures and update manufacturing status of jobs
- Work from dispatch lists or production schedules to obtain required daily output
- Fits and assembles PC board assemblies along with register sub-assembly into register housing for various specialty application registration devices
- Works from simple assembly drawings, routings and standard procedures
- Uses equipment such as small arbor press, screwdriver, nut driver, hand soldering iron, ultrasonic welder and computer-run test equipment
- Tests assembled register for proper function and accuracy. Assembles cartons and packages registers/generators for distribution according to customer specifications
1+ years of experience
- High School degree required
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to pass internal forklift and hazmat training if applicable
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Maintains open communication and positive working relationships with staff
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English
Depending on assigned department, must be able to meet one of the following physical requirements.
Must be able to demonstrate the ability to perform a 20 pound lift test
Badger Meter is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights regarding equal opportunity in employment by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and the "EEO is the Law" poster supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm