Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2019 sales of $28 billion (₠25 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
The Linde Production Technician is responsible for the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of a Steam Methane Reformer and Liquid Hydrogen facility at Ontario, CA. This is a challenging and rewarding job that requires the employee to have problem solving capabilities in mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and production processes.
Production Technicians must demonstrate initiative and self-motivation and be able to work with minimal supervision. Plant Techs must be available for call outs.
- Start up, shut down, and operate the production processes
- Perform LOTO of equipment and Hazardous Work Permits
- Operate and adjust set points on Steam Methane Reformer and H2 Liquefier to meet production demands
- Work independently to fill liquid and gas H2 trailers safely and efficiently
- Operate Diesel Tractor in yard to maneuver and Park H2 Trailers
- Must follow safety policies and operating procedures at all times to ensure the safety of other.
- Maintain all Safety, Quality, and Compliance activities at their plant location
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shift including shifts working Nights, Weekends and Holidays
- Supervise contractors and provide on-site safety training
- Collect and record daily plant readings including equipment temperatures, pressures, oil levels, etc.
- Drive a diesel tractor with manual transmission throughout the day
- Walking on flat or uneven surfaces and in areas of crushed stone daily
Linde has advancement opportunities for employees who demonstrate advanced skills in plant operations and have a strong sense of ownership. Safety performance, successful operations, and proven leadership are required. Advancement can lead to careers in Technical Support, Management, Engineering, Safety, Sales, and other positions.
The Production Technician must be able to sit, stand, climb, walk, and read to perform the essential functions of this job. Additional activities for this job are:
- Bending, stooping, and working from elevated positions
- Use of stairs and ladders for elevated work. Platforms as high as 60-80 feet.
- Lifting 5 to 15 LBs loads performed daily.
- Lifting 15 to 45 LBs loads intermittently.
- Lifting 45 to 75 LBs loads occasionally.
- Upper body work activities, including using wrenches, hammers, and similar hand tools
- On Call during days off
This is a salaried non-exempt job. The starting salary will depend on experience and other qualifications. Praxair offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, 401K, and life insurance.Qualifications:
- High School Degree
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Committed to Safety and compliant with established procedures
- Dependable and honest
- Safe driver
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Maintenance and repairs of industrial equipment
- Process understanding, process control schematic interpretation
- Computers, Microsoft applications, FIX 32, and process control computer systems
- Maintenance and compliance documentation
- Communications, both verbal and written
- Organization and time management
- Safe Work Planning
- Self-directed learning
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.